Unprecedented hate for a fighter (Mike Perry)?

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
Why so much hate for Mike Perry?

He seems like a cool guy - are we to crucify him because his cornerman made a racist comment and later apologized for it?
He seems to be a humble, hardworking, good dude who just wants to climb the ladder and eat cheesecake

Seems like the nerds hate him because he reminds them of the dude who used to beat them up in primary school - but that's not Mike Perry

He just wants to kick ass, take names and entertain fans. Why do you hate him so, Sherdog?

Why?

People hate him because he gets love on sherdog, same for Mousasi
rebel like its hot

He was pretty rude to that asian gentleman before knocking him the absolute hell out

He was disrespectful at his last weigh-in IIRC, and also he seems like a criminal in the way he carries himself, just listen to his interview with Ariel, it's super weird

I don't know much about it, all I've seen are pseudo-GOAT threads on Mike Perry. I wouldn't be surprised if that is contributing to any backlash.

He was disrespectful at his last weigh-in IIRC, and also he seems like a criminal in the way he carries himself, just listen to his interview with Ariel, it's super weird
Whats with people complaining about fighters talking trash or being "disrespectful"?
Isn't that part of sports?

Why so much hate for Mike Perry?

He seems like a cool guy - are we to crucify him because his cornerman made a racist comment and later apologized for it?
He seems to be a humble, hardworking, good dude who just wants to climb the ladder and eat cheesecake

Seems like the nerds hate him because he reminds them of the dude who used to beat them up in primary school - but that's not Mike Perry

He just wants to kick ass, take names and entertain fans. Why do you hate him so, Sherdog?

Why?
Right, because this kind of hate definitely didn't exist for Conor and definitely still doesn't. Definitely. For serious.

As for the Perry hate...there's a lot of things you could bring up. His obvious lack of intellect in interviews, his corner man's racist comment, his fanbase, etc.

Personally I don't hate the guy at all. I doubt he ever gets to a title shot but he's fun to watch.

Hate? I thought i saw 100 platinum bless etc threads here last week

I don't think people hate on him that much.......i think the whole GOAT Platinum Perry talk is complimentary in fact.

He shouldn't have fucked with Lim at the weigh-ins though. Dude was already on foreign soil, no need to embarrass him like that. I wanted Perry to lose that fight for sure.

The real question is: why so much hype for him? You all sacrificed your families to the Just Bleed God and he sent Perry upon us as his messiah? That must be the case. May your sacrifice not be in vain.

They are called haters bro. Insecure maggots, unhappy in their own skin so they hate on a man who they wish they could be.

Right, because this kind of hate definitely didn't exist for Conor and definitely still doesn't. Definitely. For serious.

As for the Perry hate...there's a lot of things you could bring up. His obvious lack of intellect in interviews, his corner man's racist comment, his fanbase, etc.

Personally I don't hate the guy at all. I doubt he ever gets to a title shot but he's fun to watch.

I hate the idea that you can accurately discern someones intellect based on a series of 10 minute interviews with no personal interactions with them. Uneducated doesn't necessarily imply a lack of intellect, neither does poor vocabulary. So I wouldn't call it an "obvious" lack of intellect - you just happen to hold that opinion based on not very much data.

but much love for not harboring hate in your heart
PerryBless

I hate the idea that you can accurately discern someones intellect based on a series of 10 minute interviews with no personal interactions with them. Uneducated doesn't necessarily imply a lack of intellect, neither does poor vocabulary. So I wouldn't call it an "obvious" lack of intellect - you just happen to hold that opinion based on not very much data.

but much love for not harboring hate in your heart
PerryBless
Actually, yes, you can tell a lot about Mike Perry from his interviews. If you choose to ignore his low intellect, that's fine. You asked for why people are "hating" on him and I answered - and then said I don't actually agree with the hate. But you'll ignore that part (and the rest of my post, too) because you're too busy trying to be funny with "Platinum Bless" etc.

I wonder how blessed you'll feel when Platinum is on the mat, looking up at the lights, pondering the events that led to his lopsided loss, while Mickey Gall dances around the octagon in celebration.

I didn't find the "racist remark" to be racist and I'm married to an asian woman. It was just pre-fight hype talk to get Perry pumped up. It was hilarious. I view it in the same light as when Serra said "Good, fuck him!" about Silva's broken leg. Obviously Serra wasn't happy that his leg was broken. Just supporting their fighter and they're all fired up.

Everyone's going out of their way to look for things to be offended by.

Back