January 18,2015:What if

TobikanJudan94

Never be game over
@Brown
Reaction score
On January 18,2015 Eddie Alvarez was supposed to fight Benson Henderson. He got injured and was replaced by Donald Cerrone. The match ended up being a boring sparring session that could've gone either way but....how do you think that match would have gone? Alvarez faced Melendz and Pettis,went for a title shot and now he's the champion. Do you think Bendo would have stopped or delayed Alvarez?

Bendo hasn't really looked too good since the RDA fight to be honest.

The Thatch win was impressive at the time, but since we've discovered Thatch isn't as good as we thought he was.

no idea. But Benson has looked like absolute shit in Bellator. and he's gonna get murdered by Chandler. Then i guess it's off to Rizin.

I think Eddie may have done what RDA did to Bendo to be honest.

As for the Cerrone fight, I'm an Eddie fan and live in Philadelphia and I wanted him to win that fight, and he clearly won the 1st round, but he did not win that fight.

Probably in the minority here, but I think Benson would have beat Alvarez. Probably via super close split decision though.

Alvarez would have done enough to win the fight

Benson (the split decision king) would have received the nod similar to the Josh Thomson fight

Eddie would probably face El Cucuy, lose convincingly and join Josh Thomson back in bellator with this tail between his legs

Then he would fight Josh Thomson in his first bellator fight

I think Eddie may have done what RDA did to Bendo to be honest.

As for the Cerrone fight, I'm an Eddie fan and live in Philadelphia and I wanted him to win that fight, and he clearly won the 1st round, but he did not win that fight.

Alvarez Knocking out Bendo? i don't think so. Bendo is super tough and durable(the RDA stoppage itself was fine,but questionable).

Also everyone claiming Bendo looked like shit after the RDA fight but he won the Cerrone fight on many people's scorecard.

I miss the old Bendo,the guy who destroyed Miller,Bocek,Guida,Edgar and Diaz.....and not split decision Bendo :(

Alvarez Knocking out Bendo? i don't think so. Bendo is super tough and durable(the RDA stoppage itself was fine,but questionable).

Also everyone claiming Bendo looked like shit after the RDA fight but he won the Cerrone fight on many people's scorecard.

I miss the old Bendo,the guy who destroyed Miller,Bocek,Guida,Edgar and Diaz.....and not split decision Bendo :(
Um...Bendo beat Edgar by a controversial decision the first time and an extremely controversial split decision the second time - almost no one scored the second fight for Bendo aside from the official judges, so I'm not sure you're referring to the "old Bendo" when talking about the Edgar fights. Bendo was a beast in the WEC and he was great in the UFC, but the higher level of competition and Pettis, Bendo's kryptonite, ultimately led to him falling pretty far.

Um...Bendo beat Edgar by a controversial decision the first time and an extremely controversial split decision the second time - almost no one scored the second fight for Bendo aside from the official judges, so I'm not sure you're referring to the "old Bendo" when talking about the Edgar fights. Bendo was a beast in the WEC and he was great in the UFC, but the higher level of competition and Pettis, Bendo's kryptonite, ultimately led to him falling pretty far.

IMHO,he won the first fight with Edgar decisevely. He barely had a scratch and Frankie was a mess. He basically took no damage,and Frankie covered in blood was complaining that he had nore takedowns lol.

Anyway,higher level of competition? Cerrone is still kicking asses and Bendo beat him 2(arguably 3) times.

Nate Diaz got pummeled by Bendo and now he became some sort of giant super elite fighter.

Melendez lost a split decision to both Bendo and the current champion....

IMHO,he won the first fight with Edgar decisevely. He barely had a scratch and Frankie was a mess. He basically took no damage,and Frankie covered in blood was complaining that he had nore takedowns lol.
How your face looks has literally no bearing on the fight being scored. The unified rules score a fight based on what happens in the fight, not based on who looks better after the fight. If fights were scored that way, GSP would have never been the champion at WW and Sexyama would be undefeated.

How your face looks has literally no bearing on the fight being scored. The unified rules score a fight based on what happens in the fight, not based on who looks better after the fight. If fights were scored that way, GSP would have never been the champion at WW and Sexyama would be undefeated.

Thank you so mucj,but I already knew all this. It was just a shortcut to save time,cause I can tell you for sure I'm not gonna do the play by play of a fight happened almost 5 years ago. Bendo beat Edgar decisevely the first time they met,a victory for Edgar would have been a robbery.

Back