For Brazilians out there, is the 10/10 starting extremely enticing for young fighters?

nanika

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know in the US a 10/10 contract is awful to the fighter and cant support a fighters camp let alone living expenses.

but in brazil, do these young fighters see the 10/10 of UFC contracts as potential gold? Is the opinion of intro UFC pay different to brazilians?

It is better than they what would get anywhere else, still not enough imo. Especially when we are always target of steroid accusations and its fucking unfair to the new fighters that barely pay their camps

I think any young fighter would like a 10/10 contract. As your career pogresses though, things changes.

I mean shiiet, remember when Jose was all giggly when he tried that suit on? Fast forward a few years and here we are.

Probably not gonna get an accurate response on sherdog since the only Brazilians who will see this are ones with Internet, which are only the most affluent. Brazil's version of the one percenters. 10/10 won't sound as enticing to them.

Probably not gonna get an accurate response on sherdog since the only Brazilians who will see this are ones with Internet, which are only the most affluent. Brazil's version of the one percenters. 10/10 won't sound as enticing to them.

20k buys a lot of coconut computers

Good question. The Dollar Real ratio is 3,33. So 10/10 a fight would be 33 thousand Reais show money. In Brazil that amount for a year is in the Middle Class status. For you to be Upper middle class you have to make about 96 thousand Reais a year (30 thousand US Dollars).

So the answer is Absolutely yes. 10/10 for a top 50 fighter is very enticing, due to the fact the Brazil produces the best talents in MMA next to USA.

If a 10/10 fighter fights 3 times a year he would be making upper middle class money in Brazil.

Hope this helped.

The average median family income is around 10,000 annual after taxes. I'd say it's not too shabby.

I don't know if you are trolling or just being thick.

Brazilians use the internet just as much as USA or any other big country.

yes, 10/10 would be worth more to a Brazilian than it would be to an American, for sure. 10/10 to a Brit would be fuck all, though. unless he's doing a good few 10/10s in a year.

Considering the currency value, that's decent money.
However, I think they lose a ton of that money once they bring it to Brazil as taxes - foreign earnings is usually heavily taxed.
Also, with manager/camp money, they end up with not that much.

Also, since tons of them are from poor families, they have lower standards than Americans and don't need many luxuries to be happy, so they tend spend less. Also, the need to help relatives.

A guy making US$ 100k has executive level money. If you spend wisely, you can live comfortably for the rest of your life here.

Considering the currency value, that's decent money.
However, I think they lose a ton of that money once they bring it to Brazil as taxes - foreign earnings is usually heavily taxed.
Also, with manager/camp money, they end up with not that much.

Also, since tons of them are from poor families, they have lower standards than Americans and don't need many luxuries to be happy, so they tend spend less. Also, the need to help relatives.

A guy making US$ 100k has executive level money. If you spend wisely, you can live comfortably for the rest of your life here.
I'd say the camp is where most of that money goes to, i bet they don't save shit from it.

20k buys a lot of coconut computers

10% are gone to the manager if they have one
10% to the gym/trainer
travel expenses since the UFC only pays for 1 or 2 cornermen flying out and they usually have to sleep in the fighters hotel room or book an extra one
and after that you pay your taxes from which you can deduct a few peanuts for expenses
So the fighter is left with closer to 10k which in Brazil is still more than in the US but is not a lot anywhere for 2-3 months of work (training camp plus fight)

As a percentage they are actually pretty low.

USA 88.5%
Brazil 66.4%

http://www.internetlivestats.com/internet-users-by-country/

Dat social inequality. And it would be less than that imo if the workers party never got in power. Not that they did a good job but Brazil used to not give a shit about poor people, there's places here that people still think computers are some sort of alien technology even though the most accessible stuff is like, desktop Intel Celeron 3 with 80gb HD's 2gb RAM, garbage.

i have absolutely no idea of what 10/10 contract even is

Dat social inequality. And it would be less than that imo if the workers party never got in power. Not that they did a good job but Brazil used to not give a shit about poor people, there's places here that people still think computers are some sort of alien technology even though the most accessible stuff is like, desktop Intel Celeron 3 with 80gb HD's 2gb RAM, garbage.

you´re brazilian bro?
workers party is a very controversial theme around here these couple last years. You sound quite reasonable though

i thought brazilians got paid in pesos. i thought that was how the ufc makes so much money.

Back