does lesnar have the greatest chin of all time?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
both shane carwin and Hunt are arguably the most powerful one punch artist in hw history. yet lesnar was able to take punishment from both, eating clean shots and not going down. who else could take both of these fighters best strikes and not be finished? You could say JDS did it, but he didn't take the direct damage from carwin that lesnar did.

IMO lesnar is the toughest guy to ever fight in the ufc.

You mean the guy who turtled everytime he got hit hard? He might have a great chin, but his will to stay in the fight sure lacked for an mma fighter

No. He can take a shot, just has shitty striking defense.

The three best chins of all time were Hunt, Big Nog, and Hendo.

Did you know that Shane Carwin's grandfather got the family name from an incredible run of fortune on 1960s TV game shows.

Maybe yeah, but it's hard to say he has a great chin when he can't take a punch mentally.

Last edited:
Maybe not the absolute best, but probably the most underrated

Btw i will not pick Carwin or Hunt as example, hardest hit was for sure Mir's knee

2cy5tzs.gif

<{fry}>

He would have gotten KO'd cold multiple times if he didn't avoid the follow ups by any means necessary(turtles). Also, some juice may have helped him about a bit.

both shane carwin and Hunt are arguably the most powerful one punch artist in hw history. yet lesnar was able to take punishment from both, eating clean shots and not going down. who else could take both of these fighters best strikes and not be finished? You could say JDS did it, but he didn't take the direct damage from carwin that lesnar did.

I agree he seems to have a very good chin; better than his resolve but I don't think he really took a clean punch from Hunt.

You mean the guy who turtled everytime he got hit hard? He might have a great chin, but his will to stay in the fight sure lacked for an mma fighter
Maybe cause he wasnt an MMA fighter and never learned how to take a punch.

<{fry}>

He would have gotten KO'd cold multiple times if he didn't avoid the follow ups by any means necessary(turtles). Also, some juice may have helped him about a bit.
Most fighters would get KO'd if they don't do something to avoid it.

Maybe not the absolute best, but probably the most underrated

Btw i will not pick Carwin or Hunt as example, hardest hit was for sure Mir's knee

2cy5tzs.gif
he was seeing "tweety birds" after that knee.

his head basically starts straight out of his traps, maybe thats the secret

brock-lesnar-workout-450.jpg

No. He can take a shot, just has shitty striking defense.

The three best chins of all time were Hunt, Big Nog, and Hendo.

This and this. There is a difference in the natural ability to not get knocked out by a punch, and "toughness." If Brock was the "toughest guy to ever fight in the ufc," he would have fired back instead of turtling (as mentioned above).

i wanted to see jds vs lesnar so bad...

LesnarUFCPoster131DosSantos.jpg

Last edited:

This, Lesnar for me never took enough punishment long enough to judge his chin as high as this thread, he got butchered to the body which was vulnerable and folded up, Velasquez dished out some real horrid GNP on him and he stuck in there for a bit, but it's a weird one.

<{fry}>

who else could take the punches from carwin like lesnar did?

This, Lesnar for me never took enough punishment long enough to judge his chin as high as this thread, he got butchered to the body which was vulnerable and folded up, Velasquez dished out some real horrid GNP on him and he stuck in there for a bit, but it's a weird one.

he took enough punishment from carwin. nobody else took that punishment from shane and survived, nobody

Back