Hypothetically, If RDA and Johnson Both Win, Who Gets the Title Shot?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Hopefully Johnson will get the shot because he is exciting and he would have a victory over the number one ranked guy in Khabib. Being a former champ, I can see RDA getting the shot as well of he wins dominantly. This could even potentially allow Cowboy to go back to 155 and fight the Eddie/Conor winner. What do you think happens with the lightweight title if both RDA and MJ win?

If Conor wins,Nate Diaz

If Conor loses,he gets an immediate rematch

If MJ wins itll prob be a brutal KO right on the prelims and hell defo call out conor

He's the most winnable top 5 at LW for Conor IMO so Conor will choose him over RDA, khabib, cerrone, barboza and any grappler

MJ is sick and could starch Conor but he's least likely to take conor down and instead exchange

Depends on how both looks in victory. It also depends on who wins the between Alvarez and Mcgregor.

This is a good question but impossible to answer at the moment.

Depends on who wins between Eddie and connor. If Eddie wins I'm not sure. It will probably depend on who looks more impressive in victory. If Connor wind they will fight each other for the interim title.

Conor or Cerrone. This is not your fathers UFC.

If Conor beats Eddie which I doubt happens we will for sure get McGregor/Diaz 3 next. If Conor loses to Eddie and your hypothetical happens Eddie probably gets Johnson since he so recently dispatched RDA in no uncertain terms. Again though if that all happened Eddie might want to fight Nate since Nate is the biggest name, the biggest money fight and Nate recently beat Johnson.

Obviously it depends on a lot of variables, but what I will say is I would assume Johnson to be the preferred fight for Conor given their styles. If Eddie wins, Johnson is again the obvious choice.

However, with Nate on the scene I can see him hopping past Johnson given the result of their fight fresh in our memories. Although Diaz needs a fight in the meantime to prove his continued relevance in the top 5.

Let's not put any logic in predicting title shots. That's not how Dana thinks.

If Conor wins probably none of them, by the time he's back from the one year layoff the interim champ could be either Khabib, RDA, MJ (now that he's in the title picture) or even Ferguson, or Eddie still.

If Eddie wins is probably rematch with RDA unless he ducks him.

For sure if conor wins, Khabib will not get the next shot even if he wins at 205. Nate 3 will be first title defense. then he'll retire. thanks for the cheese!

...when Khabib wins it will be Khabib.

Dana loves Conor, but the domino effect of continuing to piss off the guys that really deserve shots will come back to bite them in the ass. They do not want to give Bellator the opportunity to build itself into legitimate competition.

If Bellator gets their hands on GSP, Aldo, Khabib, a couple big (but washed up names) like Silva, and a few more young up and coming dissidents within the next year or so, the game changes.

Back