Help figuring out a fighter's name...

handspeed

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the fighter who got a win on his UFC debut and then innediately retired? I seem to recall him saying all he ever wanted to do was make it to the big show and win and he was content with his career after that. I think he was from Canada? Not sure though. Anyone?

I honestly don't remember this. Frankie Perez is fighting again soon, so unless he came out of retirement it isn't him.

Frankie Perez did come out of retirement and he did retire after winning his UFC debut to man his family clothing business, Michael Bisping did call him a bitch and said this sport is only for real men at that time, which did trigger a donk called Luke Thomas.

A description might help. White or black? Manlet or normal sized?

Yeah he's talking about Frankie Perez. He's coming out of retirement and i think he'll get destroyed in this next one.

Frankie Perez did come out of retirement and he did retire after winning his UFC debut to man his family clothing business, Michael Bisping did call him a bitch and said this sport is only for real men at that time, which did trigger a donk called Luke Thomas.
What a feelgood story!

Well, sounds like Frankie Perez is your man. Did not remember him retiring. But he also did not win his UFC debut.

Well, sounds like Frankie Perez is your man. Did not remember him retiring. But he also did not win his UFC debut.
Yea he retired after his second fight... wasn't he a dj also or something?

It was a pretty big story around here after he did so. He's not Canadian, but he did retire after an event in Canada when he beat Sam Stout (Perez' 1st UFC win), who of course is Canadian.

It was a pretty big story around here after he did so. He's not Canadian, but he did retire after an event in Canada when he beat Sam Stout (Perez' 1st UFC win), who of course is Canadian.
Interesting. And now that I think about it, this explains why when I saw that Frankie Perez was fighting soon it registered as someone I've heard of. This retirement is probably why. Otherwise, I can't imagine me knowing who Frankie Perez is.

Interesting. And now that I think about it, this explains why when I saw that Frankie Perez was fighting soon it registered as someone I've heard of. This retirement is probably why. Otherwise, I can't imagine me knowing who Frankie Perez is.

Same here. I would have had no clue who he is if he hadn't announced that surprising retirement when he did.

I knew his ass wouldnt retire after knocking out sam stout

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back