Why isn't Valentina Schevchenko and Julianna Pena scheduled to fight?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I haven't followed much of what's been going on about this, but now that Ronda and Amanda are fighting, isn't this the fight? Have i missed something?

Pena is somewhere complaining about RR's title shot still. Give her time.

Edit: I was joking but her Twitter timeline is all retweets of anyone saying she deserves a title shot.

Last edited:
My Valentina is gonna smash bitchy girl

Nunes declined Val according to Valentina's Twitter and I think Dana mentioned it too

pena suddenly decided shes worth big $ instead of the contract she signed

Give Pena a catchweight fight with Cyborg.

I haven't followed much of what's been going on about this, but now that Ronda and Amanda are fighting, isn't this the fight? Have i missed something?
Pena is a scared bitch.

pena declined a fight with bullet, so she can sit and paint her toenails for a while as far as im concerned

Pena declined this fight for UFC 205, i hope she won't get title shot for waiting. Give Valentina someone to beat and give her a title shot

Last I heard the UFC gave Valentina a contract to fight Pena and she signed it. Pena hasn't yet signed on to fight Valentina and instead is busy bitchin because Ronda got a title fight.

Pena declined this fight for UFC 205, i hope she won't get title shot for waiting. Give Valentina someone to beat and give her a title shot

Yep I hope this happens and I'm someone who enjoys watching Pena fight.

Because Pena turned it down.

My Valentina is gonna smash bitchy girl

I like your enthusiasm, but Shev has gone to decision in her last 4 fights, and Peña in her last 2. Nobody's smashing anybody. They're in the "be cautious, you're close to a title shot" portion of their careers.

I'm grumpy about it cause I paid for tickets to Shev vs Holm.

I like your enthusiasm, but Shev has gone to decision in her last 4 fights, and Peña in her last 2. Nobody's smashing anybody. They're in the "be cautious, you're close to a title shot" portion of their careers.

I'm grumpy about it cause I paid for tickets to Shev vs Holm.

Well, Shevchenko is not exactly known for smashing, it has nothing to do with it being this point in her career. Sure, in Muay Thai she has had some highlight reel shots - including a KO via spinning back kick to the body - but she is an accumulation striker, known more for speed and precision, and does a lot of clinch work.

Right now, compared to the other 135'ers, she is tiny, having cut from all of 141 and 138 respectively for her last two fights. So against bigger fighters, she is giving up a lot of size and power. If the UFC ever opens a 125 lbs. division, she should lead the rush to it.

Really, I think Pena is her worst stylistic match-up out of the top five, as Pena is much larger and stronger and routinely grapple-fucks to a decision.

Apparently Pena was promised a title shot after 200 and the UFC did what the UFC does.

This isn't a real sport.

she is being the female equivalent of Tyron Woodley, or is that male equivalent??

<6>

Pena x Valentina with title shot on the line.

Back