Dos Anjos Vs Ferguson: Firas Zahabi pre-fight analysis

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Cliffs:

- RDA will be ok for this fight, enough time has passed, the ko wasnt so bad (regarding the fact he got koed in his last fight)
- RDA is calm, calculated and safe. Ferguson is crazy, takes too many risks, way too agressive and out of control. (which can be a good thing as it makes him unpredictable)
- Firas thinks Don Anjos is going to win the pressure battle due to his more careful, less risky and smarter pressure and just being better defensively
- Ferguson is not technically sound. Leaves himself exposed when attacking too often.
- RDA should have the double leg available
- Ferguson has a sick darce, but its very predictable.
- Firas picking RDA (60 to 40 %) : superior technicaly and defensively + more experienced

My confidence in my pick and why I picked him has been strengthened.

Gave you a like because of the cliffs. Definitely not watching the video though

Gave you a like because of the cliffs. Definitely not watching the video though
51 min video without cliffs is pretty much a death sentence to any thread.

still looking like its going to die pretty fast though... this fight is flying under the radar even more than i expected

RDA's performance against Pettis still makes my jaw drop. I think he will kick the shit out of Ferg.

They should have booked this match for Halloween

RDA is a monster. McGregor dodged a bullet.

I think he will ko tony late in the first, his striking is leagues ahead

RDA's performance against Pettis still makes my jaw drop. I think he will kick the shit out of Ferg.
people will shit on pettis now because he's lost a few, but at the time, he had insane momentum. he had just owned henderson and choked the piss out of melendez, both of which were almost unfathomable.

RDA put on an absolute masterpiece of an MMA performance that night. he fucking smashed the king.

really excited for this fight. Love watching Tony fight. picking RDA in this one though.

people will shit on pettis now because he's lost a few, but at the time, he had insane momentum. he had just owned henderson and choked the piss out of melendez, both of which were almost unfathomable.

RDA put on an absolute masterpiece of an MMA performance that night. he fucking smashed the king.
And both guys known for their very solid sub defense. I thought Pettis was next level at the time.

Yeah good analysis. War RDA, hope he can get his mementum back after last fight.

Will be a war. No quit in either of these guys and both are forward pressure fighters but I think Tony takes it with granite chin and just too big, too good at wrestling and BJJ for comparatively little RDA. Tony had no problem clipping Barzoza up either who went to the hospital. Very underrated standup plus he'll have 6" reach on little RDA.

No matter who wins there will be

lol.gif

Last edited:
I like both fighters, but I'm sort of surprised by the majority going to RDA. I might have to put some $$$ on ferg, if the line starts to jump. I'm picking Tony, but I wouldn't at all be surprised by RDA taking the W

I like Firas, but he likes way to much to hear himself talking.
A 51 video to say that RDA will defeat Ferguson?
As I said, I like Firas, he knos what he is talking about, but count me out.

It's not that hard to look good against some one when you break their eye socket with the first punch of the fight.

Thats how I have it though I think I'd have RDA closer to 70/30 favorite.

I had talked Pettis up so much that night too. I think eventually we'll be discussing rda as the LW GOAT. He's already top 5 easily.

Firas says a lot of things that turned out to be BS like when he was convincing everyone Conor has great cardio LMAO

Back