USADA didn't affect Hendricks

ScriptReadsMe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
His last two losses are against top competition and his inability to make weight is due to the fact that he got kidney stones when he was supposed to face Woodley, which required surgery. That seriously hampers subsequent attempts to make weight.

(disguised war wagon thread for ufc 207 - war Johny!)

Having no camp and no legit coaches doesn't help. Can't do this on your own.

Last edited:
Plus IV ban. And USADA. He clearly beat GSP though and is one of the GOAT WWs

Dude just mysteriously lost all his KO power and ducked additional drug testing

Honestly idk how everyone forgot he had bicep surgery to repair some nasty shit. His entire muscle was unraveled if I remember it right.

I'm donating $10 to his retirement fund after Magny KOs him.

Could be related to this:
bicep-before_medium.jpg

I don't know about all his other health issues (kidneys, bicep etc.), but he looked and fought like a shell of himself and it coincided with the implementation of USADA.

He got that injury in the 1st Robb
Could be related to this:
bicep-before_medium.jpg

Does that also explain him ducking additional drug testing and since USADA struggles to make weight?

I don't know about all his other health issues (kidneys, bicep etc.), but he looked and fought like a shell of himself and it coincided with the implementation of USADA.
Physically he's never looked better tbh. Age, leaving his camp, 4th kid on the way, failed business venture and most importantly legit competition in Wonderboy and Gastelum played a role.

He got that injury in the 1st Robb

Does that also explain him ducking additional drug testing and since USADA struggles to make weight?
Do you even read first post bro? Kidney stones + surgery takes a toll on ability to weight cut lol
Also there was a reason why he 'ducked' those tests. Didn't GSP attempt to make his own terms for testing back then (ex. when the tests would take place and what they would test for). I would stay away from that deal too since it doesn't sound neutral

There is also the fact that Hendricks has always been super inconsistent.

At times he looks like a world beater

Fitch, Kampmann, GSP, first Lawler fight.

Other times he looks mediocre

TJ Grant, Story, Koscheck, Pierce, Gastelum.

Wonderboy fight is kind of an outlier because he just got hit with way too many perfect strikes. He just got eaten alive from the minute the bell rung. I don't think steroids would have helped him eat those 20 head shots any better, might have helped him with that takedown attempt though? Who knows, Wonderboys TDD is looking fantastic these days.

This is the strongest sign of post USADA effects, the power is the last thing to go in a fighter once they start declining, for Hendricks it was the first, it's all assuming but leaving Team Takedown and Marc Laimon was the biggest and main point that wrecked his run, it was a bizarre move simply because at that time he only suffered a razor close loss to Lawler, one many thought he could have got.

Hendricks MMA game hasn't evolved for a number of years, Thompson was just far too advanced and creative on the feet and Hendricks folded when his main asset (wrestling) didn't make a difference early on, against Gastlum he looked gun shy.

His last two losses are against top competition and his inability to make weight is due to the fact that he got kidney stones when he was supposed to face Woodley, which required surgery. That seriously hampers subsequent attempts to make weight.

(disguised war wagon thread for ufc 207 - war Johny!)

The big issue for me is that striking at WW is advancing from a much lower level during the 00's than it is in most divisions.

Hendricks for me is an evolution over guys like Kos and Ellenburger who were brawlers(has a decent jab and lowkick) that allowed him to stay ontop for awhile longer but still against someone like Wonderboy he was clearly outclassed both technically and in terms of reach.

Do you even read first post bro? Kidney stones + surgery takes a toll on ability to weight cut lol

Damn he's been through the wars since USADA came around. Not a coincidence at all even though he wanted nothing to do with extra drug testing in one of his fights

Couldn't beat GSP when he had power and his big fucking beard. GSP was hitting a pillow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back