Am i the only one giving Garbrandt a decent chance?

Alanf7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
We've all seen he hits like a ton of bricks. His boxing is very good, but what impressed me the most his last few fights was his offensive footwork. The way he cut off Almeida and shut down Almeida's reach advantage was beautiful. I've never seen someone do that to him. I give him a shot cutting Cruz down and landing a big one. Only thing i'm not certain of is his TDD, that will be a vital point of the match.

Has Dom ever fought anyone with Cody's ability to cut of the ring? Don't say Dillashaw, because he's a whole different type of striker and doesn't cut of the octagon much, but is an 'in and out' fighter when he's at his best.

Didn't one punch touch Almeida up in the early going and get past his reach?

Also TJ is probably best when he's cutting off the ring, so I disagree with you there

Heavy puncher always got a "puncher's chance"

Cody becoming champ would be good for that division.

I hope he win.

If he doesn't finish Dom within the first minute, Dom will win this fight by decision.

I don't know what his chances are, but I hope he knocks cruz out

Nope. After all the crazy shit that happened the last 2 years i would be a fool to count out a contender.

Giving the champion 100% chance to win seems so outdated.

I have him winning by KO

Cruz gets hit solid in the first round and then his robot brain adjusts its calculations and he goes on to win a D. There's a chance Cody touches him up and finishes him early, but once Cruz dials in the details Cody won't hit him
Again

I hope he win.

Yea with power like that he always is going to have a chance. He's great at cutting off the cage which will also help. They only other question is can he stop the TD's.

If he doesn't finish Dom within the first minute, Dom will win this fight by decision.
Why do you say that? Have you seen Cody gas before? Have you seen what he can do in later rounds? NO.

So how exactly do you know this? For all we know Cody could be a cardio freak who get's better the longer the fight goes. We don't how good Cody is yet. We don't know shit.

I am with you OP.

I think that stupid ass neck tattoo will fuck with Dom's brain and he'll get KOd.

We've all seen his neck tats. His neck tats are very good, but what impressed me the most his last few tats was his offensive tatwork. The way he cut off Almeida and shut down Almeida's necktat disadvantage was beautiful. I've never seen tats do that to him. I give him a shot cutting Cruz down and landing a big one. Only thing i'm not certain of is his chesttats, that will be a vital point of the match.

Has Dom ever fought anyone with Cody's tats? Don't say Dillashaw, because he's a whole different type of striker and doesn't cut of the octagon much, but is an 'in and out' fighter when he's at his best.
Ftfy ts

He definitely has a chance, 5 rounds is a long time to have to avoid that power, cruz best have his jordans on that day

I think his chances are good enough quite frankly

I hope he win.
It will be much funier to watch it for sure!

I hope the UFC match makers make more fun fights in divisions making names like these fight each others:

Dillashaw
Jimmie Rivera
Bryan Caraway
Aljamain Sterling
John Lineker

They only other question is can he stop the TD's.
are you expecting that to be cruzs gamplan for this fight?

or you mean in general regarding future opponents cody might face?

We've all seen he hits like a ton of bricks. His boxing is very good, but what impressed me the most his last few fights was his offensive footwork. The way he cut off Almeida and shut down Almeida's reach advantage was beautiful. I've never seen someone do that to him. I give him a shot cutting Cruz down and landing a big one. Only thing i'm not certain of is his TDD, that will be a vital point of the match.

Has Dom ever fought anyone with Cody's ability to cut of the ring? Don't say Dillashaw, because he's a whole different type of striker and doesn't cut of the octagon much, but is an 'in and out' fighter when he's at his best.

you can't cutoff the ring against dom because he doesnt move traditionally, he also feints continuously plus threat of takedown. He will make Cody look Ronda vs Holm. I'd much rather have watched TJ vs Cody because TJ gets dumb and emotional and stands and bangs

He's got a hellova chance.

These sheep hate it because he's been inside the woman they shower stroke to.

uhm-no-o.gif

When this match up was first discussed I gave No Love a pretty decent shot at winning. I still think he has a decent chance but I think we're going to see a lot more of Cruz's wrestling in this fight than we have before. If Cody comes out wildly head hunting after losing his patience he'll lose a 50/45 easy. I favor Cruz 70:30.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back