Some people just don't understand the idea behind P4P

GrantB13

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Critics always say that a giant 270lb+ person would beat a guy like MM. Let me break it down. Imagine P4P being measured in X where X is all the skill and ability that a fighter has. Both a 155lb and a 265lb fighter have the same amount of X - let's just say 100 Xs. 155/100 = 1.55lbs per X where 265/100 = 2.65lbs per X. The heavyweight fighter has a the same skill as the lightweight but has a worse weight to skill ratio. Therefore, POUND FOR POUND the lightweight is better skilled.

To take it further, if you keep the same ratios, the lightweight fighter that had a 1.55lb/X ratio would have 170.97lbs/X ratio if his whole fighting package were inflated to the size of a heavyweight. which would leave the natural heavyweight at almost a 71lb/X disadvantage. Assuming my math is right, which it may not be, but the concept is the same. If you have the same amount of X in two different container sizes then one is more dense, or P4P in sports terms.

It's a pretty simple concept and most people who argue it don't understand what it's supposed to mean. All you people argue is that "Oh of course he would beat him! He's so much bigger than that little midget! He could pick him up by the shirt collar and toss him around like nothing! Put them in a fight tomorrow and the midget would lose." but you fail to realize that the P4P idea was created to image what would happen if two fighters were the same size with the same skills they had at their original weights. What if the bigger guy were MM's size and vice versa? THAT'S WHAT THE THOUGHT EXPERIMENT IS!!!!

What don't you understand about this? Ya goofs.

people 4 pussy

If Ronda were Cain's size she would armbar Cain.

This is awkward. I always thought it meant penis 4 penis. Like how big MM penis would be on a 260 lb man

p4p is dumb because it assumes the smaller guy gets to keep all his speed which is one of the main things that makes Mighty Mouse so good

We understand fine but it's a irrelevant discussion because physics says a larger man can't move like a smaller man so of course they are klutzier slower less nimble and there can never be a LHW MM. But They will destroy little guys which is all that matters at the end of the day.

It;s like comparing a roach to a dog. Roach Scaled up dogs size would run 400 miles an hour. You could drop dog off empire state building and they'd live, etc So Roaches are way P4P better than dogs.

Last edited:
Wacky-tube-man-molests.gif

Critics always say that a giant 270lb+ person would beat a guy like MM. Let me break it down. Imagine P4P being measured in X where X is all the skill and ability that a fighter has. Both a 155lb and a 265lb fighter have the same amount of X - let's just say 100 Xs. 155/100 = 1.55lbs per X where 265/100 = 2.65lbs per X. The heavyweight fighter has a the same skill as the lightweight but has a worse weight to skill ratio. Therefore, POUND FOR POUND the lightweight is better skilled.

To take it further, if you keep the same ratios, the lightweight fighter that had a 1.55lb/X ratio would have 170.97lbs/X ratio if his whole fighting package were inflated to the size of a heavyweight. which would leave the natural heavyweight at almost a 71lb/X disadvantage. Assuming my math is right, which it may not be, but the concept is the same. If you have the same amount of X in two different container sizes then one is more dense, or P4P in sports terms.

It's a pretty simple concept and most people who argue it don't understand what it's supposed to mean. All you people argue is that "Oh of course he would beat him! He's so much bigger than that little midget! He could pick him up by the shirt collar and toss him around like nothing! Put them in a fight tomorrow and the midget would lose." but you fail to realize that the P4P idea was created to image what would happen if two fighters were the same size with the same skills they had at their original weights. What if the bigger guy were MM's size and vice versa? THAT'S WHAT THE THOUGHT EXPERIMENT IS!!!!

Do you think people that don't understand it will understand it now that you have made it much more complicated?

We understand fine but it's a irrelevant discussion because physics says a larger man can't move like a smaller man so of course they are klutzier slower less nimble and there can never be a LHW MM. But They will destroy little guys which is all that matters at the end of the day.

On a serious note, this. It's dumb to compare their 'observable' skills directly because of biology and physics, that will always be biased towards smaller fighters.

Its a term literally created to highlight lightweight fighters in a sport were the HW Champion was generally seen as the best fighter

We all get the hypothetical, nothing you posted in your OP is ground breaking or really even thought provoking. Everybody gets that, we all just think it's bullshit

To me, it's simply about how good the fighter is relative to his or her division.

I always thought of p4p has nothing to do with size.
You are either skilled or you are not. The size makes no difference.

Think about two identical twins.

If I could transfer all Mighty Mouse skills to one of the twins.
Then I transfer all Jon Jones skills to the other twin.

If they fought each other, who'd win?

To me, it's simply about how good the fighter is relative to his or her division.

Well, it probably also helps to account for divisional depth in some cases. Like you wouldn't say a dominant SHW is number 1 P4P since there aren't really any notable SHWs.

Well, it probably also helps to account for divisional depth in some cases. Like you wouldn't say a dominant SHW is number 1 P4P since there aren't really any notable SHWs.
It's just another way to market a fighter. In Mighty's case it isn't working

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back