Is Dana White the Greatest Combat Sports Promoter of All Time

WeidmansDad

You'll always be my boy, Chris
Banned
Reaction score
And executive/business man? I'd have to say he absolutely is no contest. Maybe greatest sports executive ever. Turned a loosing organization into $4 billion. Knows how to handle the media. Gets us the fights we want (McGregor vs Alvarez, Bisping vs. Henderson, CM Punk) above all. And does a great job at setting them up and promoting them.

Also you can tell he genuinely cares about his fighters. Secured a big name deal with Rebok and gets guys like Mike Perry the biggest payday of his career. Showed great decision making standing up to Aldo and letting Conor keep FW belt while at LW.

"He is still my friend" - Kenny Florian

Nope, he's unprofessional and stupid :)

I lost it at "Also you can tell he genuinely cares about his fighters." :D:D:D

He's kind of irreplaceable for sure.

Don King is the correct answer. He promoted more epic fights than any other dude in the planet.

Don King

If we veer into fake entertainment
Vince McMahon > all

I'm gonna go with Commodus. Dude was Emperor and fought in there himself, even though it was obviously staged for him to win.

trump650.jpg

no

Dana White is better at promoting then the TS is at trolling.

Kinda unfair to compare.

Dana White is aided by social media.

Don King was aided by the television.

What about the old time promoters who had nothing but paper and still sold out events?

I don't know what is going on here. I smell troll, because you suggest that Dana White is the best promoter of all time, but then you go on to list a bunch of reasons why he is obviously not the best promoter.

And executive/business man? I'd have to say he absolutely is no contest. Maybe greatest sports executive ever. Turned a loosing organization into $4 billion. Knows how to handle the media. Gets us the fights we want (McGregor vs Alvarez, Bisping vs. Henderson, CM Punk) above all. And does a great job at setting them up and promoting them.

Also you can tell he genuinely cares about his fighters. Secured a big name deal with Rebok and gets guys like Mike Perry the biggest payday of his career. Showed great decision making standing up to Aldo and letting Conor keep FW belt while at LW.

I'd say no.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the new brass want rid of him in time for someone more professional.

Kinda unfair to compare.

Dana White is aided by social media.

Don King was aided by the television.

What about the old time promoters who had nothing but paper and still sold out events?

It's relative to an extent. They were competing against people who had the same methods to promote.

It's not like King went up against Dana in a TV vs Social Media scenarion.

He is good at his job, from a company perspective, but I would definitely say that he does not care about most of the fighters or employees.

Back