Who are these WME-IMG cucks and what is their plan?

JDB

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
All I've seen is that corporatized memo that read like it was addressing their fucking sales team or floor staff.

They cut a bunch of staff in Asia and now they say they are knocking back the number of events per year.

Fighter discontent is at all time high, according to Luke Thomas. And indeed we have all these fighters threatening to quit, retire, go elsewhere, become a model/real estate agent, etc. It's a fucking ridiculous state of affairs.

And they failed to sign GSP, one of the biggest stars the sport has ever seen, because they didn't want pay him what some would argue he is easily worth.

Basically no one knows what the fuck is going on with these faceless filthy rich bastards.

I'm speculating here but I think all it would take is for Dana to quit for all hell to break lose.

I'm speculating here but I think all it would take is for Dana to quit for all hell to break lose.
Dana being the glue holding it all together is a scary thought..

I'm tired of Sherbros projecting their deviant lifestyle fantasies on everyone else.

How do you want to be taken seriously if you use cuck unironically?

I would expect them to open up markets not previously tapped & double their exposure within the next year or 2. Setting up a broader PPV system would be a smart move imo. There are more people in the world getting PPV for free than there are those who are paying for it. There'z a big opportunity for expansion there.

now they say they are knocking back the number of events per year.
Source?

<{vega}>

all it would take is for Dana to quit for all hell to break lose.
Dana is under contract for several years... plus he's got a 7 - 9% share in the company... so he'z not likely to go anywhere if it would hurt the UFC.

The term cucks is seriously being over used.

We need a new insult.

I would expect them to open up markets not previously tapped & double their exposure within the next year or 2. Setting up a broader PPV system would be a smart move imo. There are more people in the world getting PPV for free than there are those who are paying for it. There'z a big opportunity for expansion there.

They are cutting international cards though. They are doing the opposite and focusing on the United States which is really stupid btw.

They are cutting international cards though. They are doing the opposite and focusing on the United States which is really stupid btw.
Would like a source on that... but US are carrying the PPV sales for the whole world while everyone else gets it for free.

I don't agree with lowering foreign cardz... but it actually does make sense if you think about PPV sales being their biggest source of income.

Dana being the glue holding it all together is a scary thought..

giphy.gif

Would like a source on that... but US are carrying the PPV sales for the whole world while everyone else gets it for free.

I don't agree with lowering foreign cardz... but it actually does make sense if you think about PPV sales being their biggest source of income.

I can't think of any link but i read that from a bunch of places. Mostly twitter MMA journalist tweets and a few MMA sites. They are for sure cutting down on International but i don't know if they have a plan in place to attack other countries in the future or what but it looks like they are focusing on Vegas and cutting everything down.

Owners proving that they don't understand how this sport needs to operate. They'd make their money back the more they seep into international countries but instead they will ride the wave of the US until people start taking it for granted which isn't far away.

Last edited:
Educated Sherdog guessing. They are cutting staff and fighters. We will find out in the next few weeks though.
That's what I thought... but Irish Whiskey sayz he's read it on journalist tweets & MMA sites... but I can't really stand behind that & believe it without a valid resource.

My take on the staff cutting is that WME likely has many of the teams set up all ready that the UFC has... so it would be redundant to have 2 offices doing the same job.

Even before new ownership came into town, the UFC had slowly been scaling back its global fight cards, going from 22 to 19 to 15 from 2014-2016. Over that same two-year span, Brazil went from seven shows to just three, and Asia went from five events to none this year after the UFC Manila card was cancelled earlier this month.

Given all of these developments, it’s no surprise the UFC’s event calendar is expected to shrink from over 40 shows in 2016 to around 30 in 2017, with many of the events sacrificed being those typically staged on international soil. WME-IMG may make a renewed push for expansion down the road, but for now, “world f–king domination” will have to wait.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mattcon...s-for-world-f-king-domination/2/#6f24256557c2

Back