One thing that hasn't been brought up with Bisping/Hendo...

LordMayorMuffSniff

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Or maybe it has, but I'm going to say it again dammit: Decrepit, Non-TRT, almost 50 year old, grandpa Hendo almost finished Bisping twice, post USADA...

While I love Bisping, and it was glorious to see him KO Rockhold, it was getting a little outrageous when fans started saying he would have never been H-Bombed if USADA had always existed.

What Dan did to Bisping shows, that age more than anything has been responsible for the downfall of guys like Hendo and Anderson, and as much as I love the guy:

Bisping never would have won gold in the Anderson era, even if USADA had existed from the beginning.

In anycase: I like Bisping, but I'm sure some salty fans will waddle into this thread, so the following gif is for you guys...

CwW6NgI.gif

Worst champ in ufc history imo.

There are always this and that but at the end of the day Bisping holds the UFC gold and thats what matters...So stop crying...

Worse than Dave Menne? Do you even know who he is?

And yes Bisping disappointed big time in this fight. Looked pretty awful and didn't get revenge at all. Still Hendo is a hard style for Bisping. He really fears power. If you put him in against Jacare or Weidman who are way better than Hendo Bisping would probably fight better as they don't have the power of Hendo.

americans are looking back at their history saying they beat him before. all the while they sing the UK national anthem everyday to a statue of bisping after he slayed their country hero and conquered the US. deal with it fannies!

If anything that fight really showed how much heart Bisping has & how much more durable he's gotten through out his career...or Hendo just isn't as strong which is super likely. Or both :p
Considering Mike showed wicked heart & durability in the Silva fight too.

Worse than Dave Menne? Do you even know who he is?

And yes Bisping disappointed big time in this fight. Looked pretty awful and didn't get revenge at all. Still Hendo is a hard style for Bisping. He really fears power. If you put him in against Jacare or Weidman who are way better than Hendo Bisping would probably fight better as they don't have the power of Hendo.

Hendo's a hard style for anyone that can't take him down every round. 1 mistake and your shit's getting pushed in.

Almost achieving something is exactly the same as not achieving something. Maybe he did "almost finish" Bisping, but even with that "almost finishing" Bisping he still managed to lose.

Im glad Bisping won and im not a fan of Hendo but he is a big fisted Popeye who will always be dangerous regardless of age.

Nice to see him come back for one but hope he leaves it forever now, had a good run , tarnishing his legacy while taking damage isn't worth it.

Bisping should retire soon also

Being post USADA doesn't mean anything. The benefits of steroids don't just disappear when you stop taking them. Steroid use can permanently change muscle fibres

He could have easily won vs Rashad (at lhw!) and Chael, which would make his record list pretty damn good/even better with basically the loss against old Wand as the only minor bummer.

Last edited:
I don't understand the hate for Bisping.

He's just a guy tryna get by, no he's not the most technical, yes I've had more technical opposition in a Tuesday night street fight outside the Bulls Head but he makes up for everything in heart.

There's not many people on this planet prepared to go through the mauling's that he's prepared to go through to get what he wants and if he's prepared to do that, then I'm happy to applaud the fellow. Long may his success continue.

michael-bisping-post-ufc-204-cut.jpg

Last edited:
Post USADA ? The man that somehow legally took testosterone for years is now considered clean ?

Cmon man...

You are right TS. Bisping would never have gotten close to the belt in Anderson/Hendo/Vitor/Franklins age. MW is at its weakest ever. We have guys like Jacare, Yoel, Weidman, Bisping in the top 5. Some of them would probably have made top ten/fifteen back then, but never top 5.

However, today, in a very weak mw-division, Michael Bisping is the best fighter in the world. Just accept it.

You know Hendo previously violently knocked hector out, who has also happened to fight at middle weight and is an absolute monster? Yea, so much senseless hatred towards bisping.

americans are looking back at their history saying they beat him before. all the while they sing the UK national anthem everyday to a statue of bisping after he slayed their country hero and conquered the US. deal with it fannies!

Wow, gr8 b8 m8.

Back