Is Dominick Cruz a point fighter?

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is Cruz a point fighter or does he just have the punching power of an adolescent girl?

whatever he is, I hope he keeps doing what he's doing.

Damn, Doninick Cruz is awesome

13 WEC/UFC fights

1 legit finish

P O I N T F I G H T E R

He's a point fighter sure. Still entertaining as fuck

Cruz is a tap-dancing duck and by god he is good at it.

Dat dere KOfinger spirit lives on

You're on a roll with the shit threads, buddeh.

Do you not get enough attention at home... from your mom ?

GSP approves this thread

images

You're on a roll with the shit threads, buddeh.

Do you not get enough attention at home... from your mom ?

Yes.

He touches his opponent and then darts away.
He surprises his opponent with TD's from which they escape within 3 seconds, or he just lets them up 5 seconds later.

Sure, but you can be a point fighter and still be exciting. He is out there hitting guys with 100+ strikes from every angle and dodging just as many. It's not like he's jabbing and laying on people.

I don't expect most of the new fans around here to understand that though.

If he wasnt a point fighter hed stop all his pitter patter in and out bs, put on 20lbs of muscle and knock foos out at 155.

Sure, but you can be a point fighter and still be exciting. He is out there hitting guys with 100+ strikes from every angle and dodging just as many. It's not like he's jabbing and laying on people.

Fighting is as much about voilence as it is about skill. If you want to be great you need to embrace both, not just one.

>new fans

lul, Dom back in WEC was getting hated on for how boring his style was. Its only after his long layoff and time away from the sport more ppl started romanticizing him. His skills are top tier, his fights are mostly shit for his career tho the last 3 have been good to gureat

Neither

He clearly wants to finish people imo, it's just not his priority
Neither is his priority to score points, his priority is to take away his opponents weapons and avoid what they do best
He's talked alot about developing the ability to walk people into punches, but his punching/striking technique still hasn't caught up with his footwork so he ends up out of position throwing arm punches when he has chances to capitalize and has to settle for "scoring" instead.

He's basically MMA's version of Guglielmo Papaleo, except that dude actually started walking dudes into his power late in his career, he just didn't have much of it to start with. Cruz is a deceptively good athlete, he could eventually get there but he hasn't figure out how to make punching mechanics work with his footwork. He ends up throwing most of his strikes out of position, because he's so focused on not getting hit.

Doesn't make for the most excited performances, even when he's being relatively aggressive.

I realize this is a troll thread, but it's actually a very good question.

Absolutely is.

Doesn't commit to his strikes because he's too busy doing his next ballerina pirouette. He's got a rotation of 5 patterns, fuck them all and walk forward punching.

Is Cruz a point fighter or does he just have the punching power of an adolescent girl?
Imo yes. He has a unique style that's not horrible to watch. But he's certainly not a head hunter. The little guys just have so much energy to dance around with

FTR Dom is on record saying he sacrifices sturiking technique/power/opportunities to create finish for defense, mobility and risk averse methods, hes a clear point fighter. Not theres anything wrong with that

Back