Magnus Cedenblad vs. Jack Marshman
Ali Bagutinov vs. Kyoji Horiguchi
Kevin Lee vs. Magomed Mustafaev

Fight Pass Early Prelims:

Amanda Cooper vs. Anna Elmose
Mark Godbeer vs. Justin Ledet
Zak Cummings vs. Alexander Yakovlev
Milana Dudeiva vs. Marion Reneau

Now that the UFC Fight Night 99 card is complete, what do you guys think of the card? The bout order is official per UFC.com and MMAJunkie. Even for a Fight Pass card, this is pretty weak. It sucks that Gunnar Nelson had to drop out, it would have been cool if they could have found someone to take the fight against Dong Hyun Kim. Here's to hoping he gets matched up on a card in the near future. Not many fights I care all that much about here. I hope Ishihara knocks out Lobov and I'm interested to see Volkov and Marshman's UFC debuts but I think making the Mousasi vs. Hall rematch right now when both guys careers are going in opposite directions was a little weird. But what do you expect from a last minute replacement fight? I give this a 4-4.5/10 What do you think?

This, unlike FN 100, is a much more entertaining card. A lot of really competitive fights in the card, and still so weird that Lobov/Ishihara is on the main card over Creepy. But that's the McGregor effect, I guess?

And I'm really intrigued by the Cooper/Elmose matchup, Elmose looks like a different person after dropping to 115. Ali vs Horiguchi is a very underrated fight. If Lee wins, he's going to call out Sage.

Obviously the GOAT card of all of the times

I miss the old "rate this card" articles from 2003 or so. I believe they had 3 values; 2 could be assigned before hand:

On a scale of 1-10:
1. Importance (e.g. a title shot is a lot higher than prelims): 3
2. Matchups on paper: 5
3. The actual fights: ?

So yes, I agree with your 4-4.5/10. so far.

Lobov vs Ishihara is my main event and I'm not kidding

This might be the first time I root for Lobov...

I like it. Guys gotta make there name somewhere, and cards like these are prime for a career-moving performance. They can't all be 205.

McCall should be on the main card though.

c999976c-6b8d-4f19-ab98-7194e517e4c1.gif

Lobov vs Ishihara is my main event and I'm not kidding
Well it's better than the actual main event. Why the hell are Moose and Hall fighting again? Makes zero sense.

Artem on the main card with Bagautinov\Horiguchi, Ian McCall and Cedenblad on the prelims...<{hughesimpress}>

Not bad. Won't be skipping any other plans for this though.

3.5/10

Ali/Kyoji is the best, most relevant matchup on the card

this is typical WSOF or low tier Bellator level card

Well it's better than the actual main event. Why the hell are Moose and Hall fighting again? Makes zero sense.

There really is no one else at the moment. Every top 10 MW is locked up with someone or injured. Unless Mousasi wants to wait for Rockhold/Jacare Weidman/Romero, but I guess he doesn't

It's a card of good fights with little meaning. I like it for the fights

There really is no one else at the moment. Every top 10 MW is locked up with someone or injured. Unless Mousasi wants to wait for Rockhold/Jacare Weidman/Romero, but I guess he doesn't
Safer and more entertaining to take a LHW 'fun fight' in the interim.

I just think the UFC has made some perplexing matchmaking decisions recently.

Back