How Many Amazing Comebacks Has Herb Dean Robbed us of?

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
i was just watching Daley/Diaz, Barry/Kongo, Browne/Overeem, and Lesnar/Carwin.

I couldn't help but think Herb would have called all of those long before the tide turned.

Who's to say fights like RDA/Cerrone II or Barao/Faber II wouldn't have been epic comebacks or just great fights in general?

I've also wondered about this a lot, though not specifically with Herb Dean.
Who knows how many great comebacks have we been robbed of over the years due to referee mistakes...

Knowing when to stop a fight at exactly the right time is very difficult; especially when you have to make the decision in literally one or two seconds.

But overall I guess it's better to have an early stoppage than have someone get unnecessary brain trauma.

Imagine he reffed Barry/Kongo

Also didn't stop Mir/nog 2 :eek:

Fights like Barry\Kongo are one in a 10000, it wouldn`t have been a bad stoppage. Diaz Daley wasn`t a bad stoppage, Diaz fucked him up and he wasn`t going anywhere.

I watched a lot of comebacks today. But it wasn't anything to do with fighting.

<{ohyeah}>

Well... reffing hard job Deans been criticized as well for non stops like Silva/bisping fight.

Easy to monday morning quarter back

Still one of the best.

BigJohn
Goddard
And Dean are all tier 1

asian-calculator_o_1396265.jpg

Right? Dean should have listened to Tim Sylvia, that guy wanted to keep fighting Mir and I think he could have had an amazing comeback!

Herb Dean fucks us alot. Don't forget the most recent Uriah Hall vs DBruson. Shit was way too early. Sick of Herb/

I've said it before. Herb Dean is the worst big named, and main event ref, ever. Easily the most recent overrated, and he doesn't act like a seasoned, and "best/top/elite" ref should.

He seriously acts like hes new on the job, and hea scared to mess up, and sometimes forgets what to do in certain situations.

Lol @ Cerrone vs RDA 2. Cowboy was fucked before that fight even started. He never fights well under high pressure situations. Fighting for a belt against a guy who already beat him plus the long wait for the fight = Cerrone losing that fight no matter what.

It is what it is you whiny bitch

Nobody robbed you of anything

I couldn't help but think Herb would have called all of those long before the tide turned.

Who's to say fights like RDA/Cerrone II or Barao/Faber II wouldn't have been epic comebacks or just great fights in general?
You're an idiot. Herb isn't a bad ref, you're just a bad fan.

Fights like Barry\Kongo are one in a 10000, it wouldn`t have been a bad stoppage. Diaz Daley wasn`t a bad stoppage, Diaz fucked him up and he wasn`t going anywhere.
The round was over, daley was saved by the bell and then herb ruins evetything

We'll never know. Maybe none, maybe lots.

Herb Dean is also the same guy who almost let Barao die against dillashaw the 2nd fight and also let Weidman be overkilled by Luke

I agree about Herb, but both Fabre and Cerrone were getting torched, not the best examples.

Back