Pickett is a good last fight for Faber

Gorilllla

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Faber has way too much for Pickett and will win by sub. Pickett should also retire, he's just gonna keep getting hurt bad.

Predictions? Should they both retire?

yeah not sure bout faber. i think he can still beat most out of the top 3 in his division...

but he is in no mans land fighting wise now, he not gonna get another shot at the ufc gold :(

pickett is more at the stage where retirement is very suitable.

although both fighters are 1-3 in their last 4... faber lost to edgar, cruz and rivera(cant remember how this fight went) where he only lost decisions. pickett has been finished brutally via highlight reel fashion in 2 out of his last 3 fights and dropped one decision.

yeah not sure bout faber. i think he can still beat most out of the top 3 in his division...

but he is in no mans land fighting wise now, he not gonna get another shot at the ufc gold :(

pickett is more at the stage where retirement is very suitable.

although both fighters are 1-3 in their last 4... faber lost to edgar, cruz and rivera(cant remember how this fight went) where he only lost decisions. pickett has been finished brutally via highlight reel fashion in 2 out of his last 3 fights and dropped one decision.
Faber has basically only ever lost to champs or ex-champs. I'ts funny that the first guy he's lost to not in that category is Jimmie Rivera and he's 20-1. That's actually a step down for Faber!

I agree, Faber has been fighting top guys for a long time. I predict Faber finishes this one... probably by sub

Faber wins, Pickett is a warrior but he has been fucked up too many times. Time for a new gig for him

If it's really his last fight then I'd have preferred Wineland II.

Faber has basically only ever lost to champs or ex-champs. I'ts funny that the first guy he's lost to not in that category is Jimmie Rivera and he's 20-1. That's actually a step down for Faber!
faber is faber. the guy is a stud but he lost a few steps that he used to have on the game. still he can keep beating the lower ranked guys imo.

maybe this is a prophecy for rivera to become champ!?

Pickett should definitely retire, he's not popular and has been brutally KOed lately.

Faber is still decent enough and makes a lot of money, so I doubt he'll retire. As long as they keep paying him $160k to lose, he'll keep fighting.

Pickett should definitely retire, he's not popular and has been brutally KOed lately.

Faber is still decent enough and makes a lot of money, so I doubt he'll retire. As long as they keep paying him $160k to lose, he'll keep fighting.
Doesn't look like Faber will keep fighting. He's pretty smart and he knows he's not gonna win the belt. He'll probably never get another shot at it so what's the point.

Doesn't look like Faber will keep fighting. He's pretty smart and he knows he's not gonna win the belt. He'll probably never get another shot at it so what's the point.

He'll beat most guys not in the top 10. He gets $300k with a win...if he wanted, he could just fight some top 20 bum and make a third of a million bucks. Not bad.

But if he wants to retire that's cool, I respect him for not asking for an easy fight to make a quick cash grab. Because for $300k, I'd be tempted to do that.

Faber agrees it's a good last fight.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/...nces-he-will-retire-after-ufc-on-fox-22-fight

"I've been kind of waiting for this, and this is actually going to be my last fight," Faber revealed. "And it just feels right to do it in [Sacramento] in this new area. It just feels like the right time and the right place. I've been waiting for this new arena to be built, I was waiting for that Dominick Cruz opportunity, and I feel like this is going to be an epic event and I can't wait to do it in front of the people I love."

If it's really his last fight then I'd have preferred Wineland II.
I would have preferred Faber vs Caraway in Sac.. So much history between the two, which started at Ultimate Fitness. Could've have Cody vs TJ as the main event too, Fili vs Poirier at 155lbs, and Melendez vs Khabib.

Plinkett is 120 years old. How is he supposed to beat Faber?

He wins he'll come back again. Who believes in these retirement talks nowadays.

Back