So Eddie's gameplan is to bully Conor against the cage?

conorgoat

KOfinger is my little bitch
@purple
Reaction score
Diaz is a taller fighter than Conor which is why he the clinch suited him better. And the difference in the second fight was how well Conor could mount an offence in the clinch while not taking any big shots from Diaz. I think Eddie's best bet is to get this to ground as quickly as possible. I think for every minute that this fight is on the feet, is a minute that Eddie is losing the fight.

Conor's counter and jabs are among the best in the UFC so doing some dirty boxing in tight or rushing in is probably the best bet for Alvarez if he wants to fight on the feet.

So Eddie needs to bully Conor against the cage for 5 rounds. And that's all.

Thoughts?

eddie-alvarez-anthony-pettis-ufc-fight-night-81.jpg

ForsakenLightFlee.gif

Eddie ought to be careful about how he chains his TDs against the cage.

Getting bullied by skinny ass Nate does point out that this is a nice gameplan

did you see what he did to Pettis? Face down Ass Up.

That will be his game plan. All day long. Conor needs to have a strategy. I like the elbows to the temple for that.

I believe the plan is make conor fight in the clinch and grapple and defend the takedown for 8 or 9 minutes till he gasses. Then he'll slow down, punches slower and not as crisp. So long as Eddie can avoid getting caught in the first round and a half, it should work. Eddie is shorter, but a lot physically stronger than Nate.

This plan will work. Ediies center of gravity makes the take down much easier against the taller man.

Grind him, gas him, turn him over and fuck him.

Yes, Eddie should gas Conor out with clinch work and positional wrestling. I have a feeling Eddie may try to prove a point striking though.

Joe Rogan will jinx Conor by saying how he is a once in a lifetime person and Eddie will knock him out and Conor will go into hiding and say how he wants to make Travis babies.

His strategy is to get through rounds 1 & 2. When round three opens, it's time to pop the cork. Eddie will lead with striking, center ring control, and position. He will sub or decision Conor after round 1. He may even try to win round 2. That would be my game plan. Don't be surprised to see Conor going for one of his kicks, and getting wrestlef'd in round one though.

This plan will work. Ediies center of gravity makes the take down much easier against the taller man.

Grind him, gas him, turn him over and fuck him.
That strategy sounds boring as fuck. Damn i hope Conor put him to sleep

Conor is very good against the cage. Edward like to work his takedowns off the cage. I'm already investing in Edward's life insurance.

I believe the plan is make conor fight in the clinch and grapple and defend the takedown for 8 or 9 minutes till he gasses. Then he'll slow down, punches slower and not as crisp. So long as Eddie can avoid getting caught in the first round and a half, it should work. Eddie is shorter, but a lot physically stronger than Nate.

till he gasses? I just love the delusion....He gassed one time at 168lbs...first time ever fighting at that weight in his entire life and on 11 days notice...moving up from a 155lb fight to now weighing 168lbs...Now, everyone seems to think conor is going to gas at 155lbs....Are you fucking nuts? He has never gassed ever in his entire career below 168lbs..not in the 3 round fast paced fight against holloway..and he went 5 hard fought rounds against a triathlete....So this gassing needs to die...

did you see what he did to Pettis? Face down Ass Up.

That will be his game plan. All day long. Conor needs to have a strategy. I like the elbows to the temple for that.
He actually didn't do shit to Pettis, that was a terrible fight. Pettis jeld him off pretty good. Eddie should've lost that fight or it shouldve been a draw. That being said if he impliments the same gameplan against Conor id think he'd have more success than he did against Pettis.

Last edited:
Diaz is a taller fighter than Conor which is why he the clinch suited him better. And the difference in the second fight was how well Conor could mount an offence in the clinch while not taking any big shots from Diaz. I think Eddie's best bet is to get this to ground as quickly as possible. I think for every minute that this fight is on the feet, is a minute that Eddie is losing the fight.

Conor's counter and jabs are among the best in the UFC so doing some dirty boxing in tight or rushing in is probably the best bet for Alvarez if he wants to fight on the feet.

So Eddie needs to bully Conor against the cage for 5 rounds. And that's all.

Thoughts?

eddie-alvarez-anthony-pettis-ufc-fight-night-81.jpg
He's going to need to either take him down early in round 1 & 2 and/or grind him against the cage, although I have a feeling we will be seeing some quick stand-ups ala Cormier/Silva or Conor/Mendes.

If he manages to do that and makes it to round 3 it's all Eddie.

Back