Joe Rogan Triggered. Have you seen it ?

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Out since last friday on netflix. Just watched it.

Slightly better than the previous ones... but still doesnt do it for me.
Had some moments, but nothing id recommend.

I wish joe would drop the forced, over the top act. Im not sure if its because we know him from the podcast, where you see him in regular conversations, acting normal... but when he goes on stage for stand up its like he assumes a new personality... Maybe its what he expects a comedian should be, instead of just being himself. He literally screams every word out of his lungs... too much emphasis on every silable. bleh...
By the end of the thing youll be felling stressed just from being yelled at. Its basically the opposite of deadpan.

He can be way funnier just being his regular podcast self. I dont get it...

Anyone else seen it already?

i was thinking about checking it out - with this shining review, i may pass

I tried to watch it but shut it off after a short time. I just can't get into his stand-up. I think you summarized it well by pointing out his over the top act just doesn't cut it. He can be very funny on his podcast at times, but he uses a much different type of comedy. On his podcast, he acts more like one of your buddies that you're just joking around with and it's much funnier.

I love Joe as a commentator and have listened to many hours of his podcasts... but I just don't find the guy funny. I think he's more viable as a personality than as a comedian. Just my opinion. Even on his podcasts, I can't think of a time off the top of my head where he made me laugh.

TL,DR: Love Joe, don't find him funny.

The trailer made me literally cringe. So forced and desperate.

i was thinking about checking it out - with this shining review, i may pass
ah... i knew i wasnt much into his style and still thought it was worth checking, at least to see how his stand up is going.

i would say do it.... but have a plan b, if you need to bail on it

Joey Diaz needs to do the "Schaub talk" to Joe Rogan.

lol
8Us43kC.png

I love Joe as a commentator and have listened to many hours of his podcasts... but I just don't find the guy funny. I think he's more viable as a personality than as a comedian. Just my opinion. Even on his podcasts, I can't think of a time off the top of my head where he made me laugh.

TL,DR: Love Joe, don't find him funny.
Yeah I agree, love getting work done while he talks in the background, but he's not funny at all.

joe rogan's early stand-up is pretty funny. it was back before he became a pseudo-intellectual and thought he was an expert on all topics. today, his stand-up is full of self-righteousness coupled with over-the-top yelling and screaming. the few times during his podcasts when he isn't taking over conversations, he can be really insightful and funny with his observations.

Schaub should definitely do "The Talk" with him... I think he would be surprised...

I watched last night and never cracked a smile. I love standup. A good comedian like Chapelle or Mac, i could watch clips of theirs over and over and always laugh. Joe just doesnt have it. I thought the skit at the end about the Kardashians becoming demons at night and standing over Bruce Jenner's bed to convince him to become a woman was well thought out...but joe just didnt make it funny..

I was very surprised, his other special are awful, but he got me genuinely laughing at this one

Out since last friday on netflix. Just watched it.

Slightly better than the previous ones... but still doesnt do it for me.
Had some moments, but nothing id recommend.

I wish joe would drop the forced, over the top act. Im not sure if its because we know him from the podcast, where you see him in regular conversations, acting normal... but when he goes on stage for stand up its like he assumes a new personality... Maybe its what he expects a comedian should be, instead of just being himself. He literally screams every word out of his lungs... too much emphasis on every silable. bleh...
By the end of the thing youll be felling stressed just from being yelled at. Its basically the opposite of deadpan.

He can be way funnier just being his regular podcast self. I dont get it...

Anyone else seen it already?

I think he's more of a craftsman than an actual funny person. He put the time in and figured out a way to win (get laughs). But it's not actually funny. I'm a fan of his podcast, but I never laugh at anything he says. It's not funny. The other comedians that come on make me laugh all the time. He's good at conversations, he has talent, but I don't think he's funny at all. But maybe others do.

when he says he asked the guy at the weed store how strong the gummy bears were and pulls that face..... I almost died lol

he's not the best comedian, but he has some fucking hilarious material every now and then

This is a perfect example of how there's literally nothing we can all agree on. Has to be twelve laaaaaaadieeeees.

And if you really don't know why Rogan is talking that way in his standup... he's trying to be this guy...

He always says how he thinks the Sam Kinisin style of screaming at the top of your lungs and being preposterous is his favorite style of comedy. Think he is trying to emulate it somewhat. Much bigger fan of his podcast than his comedy. Its aiiight tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back