Anyone rewatch Conor vs Diaz 2

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
And change who you thought won originally? For either side.

Inb4 shitstorm

I did, the day after the fight, which was approximately 2 months and 3 days ago, and I still thought it should have been either a draw or a 3-2 for McGregor, which was the opposite of what I thought when I was extremely smashed after drinking tequila the night before.

i watch that fight 12 times. i saw conor loosing round 3 and 5 in all 12. no 10-8 no nothing. legit victory in my opinion.

I did, the day after the fight, which was approximately 2 months and 3 days ago, and I still thought it should have been either a draw or a 3-2 for McGregor, which was the opposite of what I thought when I was extremely smashed after drinking tequila the night before.

I had it 3-2 originally for Diaz, but upon rewatching I would very much have been content with a draw.

I watched it once about a week ago. I thought Conor clearly won. I thought Diaz fought a little strangely but I think that often about him and his brother. I didn't think there was much "running" like so many claimed though it did appear that Conor was using that time to catch some air and not reset as people also claimed. I also didn't think it was that great of a fight. People thought it was fight of the year straight off. It was ok. Not something I'll watch a second time. I'd have probably enjoyed it more had I seen it without already knowing the outcome though.

I watched it once about a week ago. I thought Conor clearly won. I thought Diaz fought a little strangely but I think that often about him and his brother. I didn't think there was much "running" like so many claimed though it did appear that Conor was using that time to catch some air and not reset as people also claimed. I also didn't think it was that great of a fight. People thought it was fight of the year straight off. It was ok. Not something I'll watch a second time. I'd have probably enjoyed it more had I seen it without already knowing the outcome though.
Wtf u didn't watch it live? Watching it at BWW was the best fight experience of my life, so much energy and hype

100% agree with you on the fight itself being overrated. Both fighters gassed fairly quickly and it turned into a sloppy brawl, I think what made the fight so good was the hype behind it.

Wtf u didn't watch it live? Watching it at BWW was the best fight experience of my life, so much energy and hype

No. I've been unlucky with PPVs so far this year. I am usually scheduled to work. Had I have been home I would have watched.

When you want someone to win, you usually see it differently.

If you are neutral you see the judges got it correct

Ala Bisping Hendo

3-2 Connor watched again yesterday

Im curious to see what happens if Eddie stuns him. I wonder what Connies plan "B" is.....

I had it for Conor, after rewatching the fight on youtube I still have it for Conor.

Last edited:
100% agree with you on the fight itself being overrated. Both fighters gassed fairly quickly and it turned into a sloppy brawl, I think what made the fight so good was the hype behind it.

It definitely had it's share of hype eh?

My buddy is a big Conor fan, a bit new to MMA, and he was heartbroken after the first fight. Told me he actually had tears. (Have to admit I laughed in his face for that.) He asked me what Conor has to do to win a rematch and I told him 1 - he can't but 2 - almost exactly what Conor did in the rematch. I really didn't think he could go 5 rounds with Diaz after seeing his performance in the first one. Have to give him props for being able to change his approach to fighting.

And change who you thought won originally? For either side.

Inb4 shitstorm

There's already a topic at the top of the first page on this subject. No need to clutter the board.

A mod needs to shit-can this thread.

Yep. Conor was definitely saved by the bell

[QUOTE="JustBleed69, post: 123036365, member: 479317"@ 1440% agree with you on the fight itself being overrated. Both fighters gassed fairly quickly and it turned into a sloppy brawl, I think what made the fight so good was the hype behind it.[/QUOTE]

Conor kept landing the more solid combos. If not for the higher weight class and Zombie Nate, they were great shots he threw that looked like fight enders at 145 lbs

I'm not sure why you don't get 10-8 round if you knock down your opponent in MMA.

Round1 10-8 Conor Winning convincingly and knocking down Diaz once
Round2 9-8 Conor 1st half Conor and 2nd half Diaz but Diaz got knocked down twice
Round3 9-10 Diaz Diaz winning comfortably
Round4 10-9 Conor Conor just edging it
Round5 9-10 Diaz Diaz just edging it

So 47-45 in favour of Conor.

Looks like there is no reward for knocking your opponent out. You might as well hit and run lol.

I think Conor won rounds 1,2 & 4. Diaz 3 and 5. 3 was arguably 10-8, so I'm ok with the MD win for Conor.

My takeaways:
1. Nate didn't look right, he looked unusually slow and he gassed out himself in the 4th round.
2. Conor is not dangerous at all after 8 minutes. Even when he was hitting Nate in the 3-5th rounds, his shots had nothing on them at all.
3. Conor was saved by the bell in 3 of the 5 rounds.
4. If Eddie avoids getting rocked early, he's going to destroy Conor. His speed and athleticism is on another planet than Nates.

i watched it maybe 10 times

R1 10-9 Conor
R2 10-9 Conor
R3 10-9 Nate
R4 10-9 Conor
R5 10-9 Nate

48-47 Conor

That fight is not very rewatch-friendly imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back