Is Woodley over Lawler top 5 greatest upsets of all time?

WeidmansDad

You'll always be my boy, Chris
Banned
Reaction score
Literally no one picked The Chosen One coming into UFC 201, but he dominated one of the greatest welterweight of all time for a first round knockout of Ruthless Robbie Lawler. Woodley shocked all his pundits and haters. Would you call this a top 5 MMA upset of all time? I certainly would.

Woodley's combination of power and wrestling make him one of the most dangerous and under appreciated fighters in combat sports today. A lot of that has to be attributed to racism. Look for a Tyrone KO of Wondergirl at 205

It's not even top 100

Last edited:
GSP-Serra
Anderson-Weidman
Fedor-Werdum
Shogun-Griffin
Aldo-Conor

Troll thread but I'll bite, only delusional Lawler fangirls thought that was an upset.

Lawler was never a dominant champion...

Got a gifted decision against hendricks and almost lost both Rory and Condit fights...

People just underestimate Woodley KO power...

The greatest upset of 2016 is clearly Rockhold vs Bisping...

It's funny because all of Sherdog probably lost over $10k+ in bets on that fight saying it was a joke 100% lock and now they say it wasn't an upset

no-no-no-very-bad-man-Babu-Bhatt-seinfeld-gifs-finger-wag.gif

It's funny because all of Sherdog probably lost over $10k+ in bets on that fight saying it was a joke 100% lock and now they say it wasn't an upset

Can I borrow your magic looking glass?

i picked woodley lol. stop making threads i disagree with

wow just reading through this thread now and almost everyone picked wonderboy. not as much as weidmans dad is sayin but its was over 60% and thats being overly fair. of all time it sits no were but most people thought lalwer had it in the bag and are playing possum now.

i thought wood would wrestle/kickbox him jonny hendricks style, but woodley went all one punch man.

Oh yeah, don't forget:

gonzaga-crocop.gif

Proper "holy shit" moment.
That was a really sad moment tbh.

But yes, it illustrates very well just how many far greater upsets have occured than Woodley/Lawler.

A lot of the bookies had the lines (or similar) :
Lawler -120
Woodley +100

Not even an upset really, never mind one of the greatest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back