My advice to the new fans...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Since I've been here for a long time, this is what I've learned from watching MMA, don't get attached to any one fighter and trust blindly in him to always have his hands raised, no matter how many wins he has because MMA has many unpleasant and unpredictable outcomes. Reason 1, when that button gets hit hard, you're going down. 2, injuries. 3. Bad night. 4. Someone is juicing and getting away with it. 5. Bad matchup for your hero.6. UFC hyping machine. 7. The most important part is that maybe the fighter himself sold you real well and you fell for it, when in reality he wasn't that good? So this message is especially directed to Conor's fans, don't talk too much trash and always expect the worse case scenario because you might be in for a long sad week if your hero lost due to the reasons stated above, plus, he will go home a millionaire while you're losing sleep! Take my word for it because I've been there and done that.

Last edited:
Basically you're saying that as a fan, you should treat your fighter loyalties the same way you would with the characters on Game of Thrones. I totally agree.

847c1a6b4b29df283aa565315afa4077c5bf3cfd.gif

giphy.gif

This and read the forums a bit (like a year) before spewing your opinions

Basically you're saying that as a fan, you should treat your fighter loyalties the same way you would with the characters on Game of Thrones. I totally agree.
Yeah, don't get attached because the higher you go, the harder you hit going down. It's just my friendly advice because I had many sad nights before.

Didn't read. But MY ADVICE (guaranteed to be better) is support the following top 10 GOAT fighters:
10. Michael Venom Page
9. Ariel Helwani
8. Marcos Maidana
7. Sage Northcutt
6. Mike Platinum Perry
5. Mickey Gall/GSP (equal)
4. Nate Diaz
3. Anderson Silva
2. Nick Diaz
1. Fedor

Mine is, do the exact opposite and be as fervent a die hard as possible. We do not get Goobers, that one diehard Ken Shamrock fan whose name I forget, and this motherfucker:

from reasonable fans. I need to be entertained when I'm here. Please bet your life savings and brag about it.

Yeah, don't get attached because the higher you go, the harder you hit going down. It's just my friendly advice because I had many sad nights before.
We all have my friend- we all have....

Also, don't be a hatertard who posts l000x in a month. That's some last-train-to-loserville shit right there.

My advice is to watch old fights.
Learn your history. Put in the work
as a fan. It's a dense sport, even
though it's young... but there have
been some great battles over the
years that have laid the foundations
for the mainstream sport we see
today.

Those old warriors deserve to be
known, revered & recognized.

Don't limit yourself to just American
orgs either.

today.

orgs either.

Sig worthy sticky worthy goat advice. Pretty much killed this. / thread

today.

orgs either.
Great tip, but then you always were the brains of this outfit.

My tip dovetails into yours: enjoy the fights. All of them. Your guy wins? Loses? Don't let it get to you. A while after they are gone, you may even start missing the 'villains' and guys you loved to hate when they were active.

Getting to watch tough guys get badly hurt for our entertainment is a privilege, not a right. Be grateful for it!

Also paragraphs...they're useful

Back