The tainted supplement defense: what do you think?

snapster

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Personally, I'm sick of that shit. It's bogus. It has been used so many times at this point that a fighter would have to be a damn moron to not know that supplements can make you test positive, and ought to be kicked out of the UFC on grounds of sheer stupidity.
Do fighters ever come out and say "yeah, I did it. I used steroids"? I guess if they did have that level of honesty, they probably wouldn't have cheated in the first place.

Estrogen blockers always end up in my foot cream, I know how they feel.

I think depending on the substance it CAN happen, but people try to use it when it makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

I'm sorry but your pre-workout is not going to get anything accidentally put in there that will multiply your testosterone levels ten fold or have estrogen blockers snuck into you No2 boosters.

I think you have to give people the benefit of the doubt and the chance to prove themselves. Once a guy gets a track record for cheating though it sure does get tougher and tougher to give that extra chance or even to believe them..

Don't matter to me. I just want to see fighters talk shit and fight. Whatever crimes they commit is fine by me as long as they get away with it.

What's good for the goose is good for the goosei

Let em bang bro

Ped users will use any excuse they can think of instead of the truth

There definitely are some tainted supplements on the market. No question. But generally, depending on the circumstances, when a fighter claims that as the reason for pissing hot, I call bullsh*t. You're a pro athlete, you know you're going to be drug tested... use a reputable supplement provider. Then again, if they all did that, they wouldn't have a built-in excuse for when they get caught on juice/estro blockers or whatever else.

I think someone is spending a whole lot of money to protect their investments.

1. im IN FAVOR OF STEROIDS.

2. i admit the excuse sucks- it allows reverse engineering or a setup in advance.

3. unfortunately, i think sometimes innocents are unfairly busted.

overall, it shouldnt count unless OTHER CASES OF TAINTING CAN BE SHOWN.

If it gets jones back in the octagon... Eh

It's certainly not "bogus". There's a reason that different supplements get pulled off of the shelf regularly. I've personally taken 4 that have been pulled. The first T-Bomb actually had testosterone in it.

Jon Jones situation is going to be weird because the only supplement that would make logical sense to taint with clomid is a supplement that's advertised as a Post Cycle Therapy supplement

Taking a PCT regardless if its tainted or not is a HUGE red flag (raises the question why are you taking a post cycle drug if according to you, you don't do cycles ?).

Personally, I'm sick of that shit. It's bogus. It has been used so many times at this point that a fighter would have to be a damn moron to not know that supplements can make you test positive, and ought to be kicked out of the UFC on grounds of sheer stupidity.
Do fighters ever come out and say "yeah, I did it. I used steroids"? I guess if they did have that level of honesty, they probably wouldn't have cheated in the first place.

I suppose it possible ....But I don't NOT think so IN JJ's situation

It seems like you guys don't understand how it works.

If a supplement was tainted with unlabeled ingredients the athletes is not guilty. This is beyond athlete's responsibility.

You can't even argue this.

Don't matter to me. I just want to see fighters talk shit and fight. Whatever crimes they commit is fine by me as long as they get away with it.

finally someone besides me says this.

after your nonsense argument qgainst @JayElectra the other night, i almost put you on ignore (i was just waiting for you to bring up Kodiak Bears and Mil Mi Hind Helicopters)

then you say something like this, i actually support. i think its time #3, for me.

look forward to my next "like"- im thinking they occur about every 4,000 times you post.

A necessary evil we must tolerate for those of us who dream of seeing Rumble KO Jones stiff.

It's the same lawyer that Romero had. The guy found out how to game the system.

Back