Does Frankie have the style to beat Khabib?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I was just trying to remember if anyone was ever able to get Frankie down or control him on the ground for any extended period?

He seems like a really slippery guy to get a hold of, and he's too quick for most guys standing, especially a guy like Khabib. Would be an interesting fight imo.

I love Frankie, but he could be a bantamweight, while Khabib on the other hand could be a welterweight. No way.

I was just trying to remember if anyone was ever able to get Frankie down or control him on the ground for any extended period?

He seems like a really slippery guy to get a hold of, and he's too quick for most guys standing, especially a guy like Khabib. Would be an interesting fight imo.
That's how gray beat him the first time

Khabib is a LW with the strength of a MW.

so the answer is, NO.

Would be a pretty interesting fight but I think he'd be too small for Khabib. & i'm pretty sure Gray out wrestled him in their first fight to answer your question.

Khabib is underrated

Frankie is, and always has been, over rated. His entire career is based on toughness, and that he beat BJ Penn. He is a very good fighter, but no where near where people hold him.

Khabib has what a lot of other wrestlers/grapplers in mma don't have, and that's the trifecta of upper body wrestling, lower body wrestling, and a ground game to match. Most wrestlers in mma are freestyle college guys who really aren't a threat to other guys in the clinch. Khabib rapes people with upper body wrestling.

Khabib is a LW with the strength of a MW.

so the answer is, NO.

Khabib walks around at 185lbs In camp. Frankie walks around at 160lbs while out of camp and eating as he pleases. To answer the question though, frankie does have the style but not the size to beat Khabib.

Khabib is underrated

Frankie is, and always has been, over rated. His entire career is based on toughness, and that he beat BJ Penn. He is a very good fighter, but no where near where people hold him.

Khabib has what a lot of other wrestlers/grapplers in mma don't have, and that's the trifecta of upper body wrestling, lower body wrestling, and a ground game to match. Most wrestlers in mma are freestyle college guys who really aren't a threat to other guys in the clinch. Khabib rapes people with upper body wrestling.
I dont disagree with your analysis of Khabib's wrestling, but LOL @ Frankie being overated. I'm not even a big fan, but he's lost to 3 guys in his entire career. One of them is the greatest FW of all time, and arguably the GOAT p4p fighter. One of them was a UFC LW champion, and both fights were questionable decisions. And one was to Gray Maynard, which he avenged in a major way. If anything the guy's underrated, Sherdog gives more hype to Nate Diaz and Mike Perry for fuck sakes.

Khabib would wrestle him to the ground and keep him there. Sorry Frankie.

Khabib is too big, IMO. If their weigh was closer, then yeah, I think Frankie would have a legit shot at beating him.

funny-pictures-karate-bear-attack-animated-gif.gif

Would be a pretty interesting fight but I think he'd be too small for Khabib. & i'm pretty sure Gray out wrestled him in their first fight to answer your question.

Frankie always gets underestimated and I think he could actually do well against Achmed. Shit Bendo offered more from a striking stand point then Achmed does and he was huge also. Frankie's striking has improved a fucking ton since he fought BJ. I'm not saying he would be a fabvorite by any stretch but I don't think it's far fetched to see Frankie beating Achmed

Come on, seriously? Aldo threw Frankie around like a rag doll.

who the hell is this kabib guy? seriously guy needs to fight more and still has much much to prove. its retarded how much people fkn hang on fighters nuts around here.. frankie deserves more respect. its fucking frankie edgar for fucks sake. this guy is no one to ever ever sleep on. for anyone to even hint that he wouldnt have a chance vs this kabib guy is ridiculous. plus its mma u fools, anything anything anything can always happen.

Back