ufc 206 tix sales slow, Nick will save the day fighting...

dissufc

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Toronto has a crappy card... ticket sales sluggish. Get seats anywhere you want.
Who the hell is a draw on this card?

Anyways, from a fan of mma's pov, I only like 2 fights and in this order,
Doo Ho Choi knocking out Cub in first round.
Cormier laying on top of Rumble for 5 rds.
I wouldn't pay more than $100 for floors. Pure rubbish card.
Cormier is getting ppv points, so he's cheerleading for GSP to get on board... lol, good luck DC.

UFC 206 Fight Card

Daniel Cormier (c)(18-1) vs. Anthony Johnson (22-5)

Valerie Letourneau (8-5) vs. Poliana Botelho (11-0)
Zach Makovsky (19-7) vs. John Moraga (16-5)
John Makdessi (14-5) vs. Lando Vannata (8-1)
Olivier Aubin-Mercier (8-2) vs. Drew Dober (17-7)
Jason Saggo (12-2) vs. Rustam Khabilov (20-3)
Nikita Krylov (21-4) vs. Misha Cirkunov (12-2)
Cub Swanson (23-7) vs. Doo Ho Choi (15-1)
Chad Laprise (11-2) vs. Li Jingliang (11-4)
Jordan Mein (26-10) vs. Emil Meek (8-2-1)

Nick diaz will be added to this card or possibly Aldo.

My gut feeling is that Nick fights Maia. I know Maia should fight the winner btn Woodley/Thompson but
the bigger fight is against Nick. That will be the co-main event. The winner of that fight should be the next contender. Which will be Maia.

I'm surprised Johnson isn't somewhat of a draw by now, dude's power is insane and after flooring Glover on a big card like McGregor/Diaz 2 I would have expected him to get a bit more mainstream attention.

Last edited:
UFC screwed the pooch by not getting GSP back. GSP would have sold out Toronto even if he were fighting a nobody. I say do GSP vs Hendricks 2. Since the first one was controversial. Sold out show 1 million ppv buys.

How does Nick Diaz, or Aldo save this Canadian card? Neither one have the drawing power needed for a Canadian card. They might help out a little in PPV sales but even with one of them added it isn't going to be a big buy rate.

Dude, do you conisder mma fighting to be homo-erotic?

Lol was a typo, but considering how good some of Johnson's KOs have been; the word Erect does kind of fit.

No, Diaz shouldn't fight Maia because Maia is no.1. contender.

Maia is obsessed with the belt and not money fights. Nick wants to fight big draws (which Maia is not).

That fight ain't fucking happening.

I'd rather watch a PPV that has 2-3 title fights every 2-3 months, than scrappy cards that are PPvs based on location, or 'title contenders'.

Put the fan draws with no title fight in their futures on Fox cards, and stack the PPVs with top level contenders and title fights.

Diaz/Lawler 2 wouldn't hurt this card that's for sure. You don't need a Canadian to get the Canadian fans to buy just some better fights. Diaz/Lawler 2 is pretty epic.

Toronto has a crappy card... ticket sales sluggish. Get seats anywhere you want.
Who the hell is a draw on this card?

Anyways, from a fan of mma's pov, I only like 2 fights and in this order,
Doo Ho Choi knocking out Cub in first round.
Cormier laying on top of Rumble for 5 rds.
I wouldn't pay more than $100 for floors. Pure rubbish card.
Cormier is getting ppv points, so he's cheerleading for GSP to get on board... lol, good luck DC.

UFC 206 Fight Card

Daniel Cormier (c)(18-1) vs. Anthony Johnson (22-5)

Valerie Letourneau (8-5) vs. Poliana Botelho (11-0)
Zach Makovsky (19-7) vs. John Moraga (16-5)
John Makdessi (14-5) vs. Lando Vannata (8-1)
Olivier Aubin-Mercier (8-2) vs. Drew Dober (17-7)
Jason Saggo (12-2) vs. Rustam Khabilov (20-3)
Nikita Krylov (21-4) vs. Misha Cirkunov (12-2)
Cub Swanson (23-7) vs. Doo Ho Choi (15-1)
Chad Laprise (11-2) vs. Li Jingliang (11-4)
Jordan Mein (26-10) vs. Emil Meek (8-2-1)

Nick diaz will be added to this card or possibly Aldo.

My gut feeling is that Nick fights Maia. I know Maia should fight the winner btn Woodley/Thompson but
the bigger fight is against Nick. That will be the co-main event. The winner of that fight should be the next contender. Which will be Maia.

NICK DIAZ IS SUSPENDED

They will add fookin nuttin. UFC starting to give up on Canada and I can't blame them.

lol @ ticket sales sluggish. the event is in December, relax. Toronto is one of the richest and most populated cities in North America. Even a fight pass card would sell out there.

Maia said he's interested in the title only, he prefers the title over money fights.

Damn other than Super Boy vs Cub there are not many other fights on there

Diaz/Lawler 2 wouldn't hurt this card that's for sure. You don't need a Canadian to get the Canadian fans to buy just some better fights. Diaz/Lawler 2 is pretty epic.

That's like saying you don't need bisssping on a manchester card to sell out... but it wouldn't hurt.

There's no rory, gsp, hominick, stout and cote is not a draw... the rest are arbitrary to the card.

Back