Favorite Sherdog Conspiracies

FootstompShonie

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Mine has to be from the first Anthony Pettis vs Ben Henderson fight which had the infamous off-the-cage kick at the end of the last round.

I remember right after the fight a huge thread started where a dude was claiming the fight was fixed and Zuffa set up the kick to build hype for the UFC absorbing WEC (this was the last WEC event).

His rational was that the fight was a lot of back and forth that seemed rigged to him because of the craziness and the ridiculous kick that was replayed everywhere to build excitement for the new weight classes and fighters.

And his smoking gun was the fact that Bendo pauses for a second right before the kick and supposedly "signals" Pettis by tapping his back foot for no reason against one of the cage banisters. It's at :05 of this video right before Pettis begins the kick:

Sherdog has had a lot of interesting thoughts on certain events in MMA history, what are your guys favorite conspiracies?

Mine has to be from the first Anthony Pettis vs Ben Henderson fight which had the infamous off-the-cage kick at the end of the last round.

I remember right after the fight a huge thread started where a dude was claiming the fight was fixed and Zuffa set up the kick to build hype for the UFC absorbing WEC (this was the last WEC event).

His rational was that the fight was a lot of back and forth that seemed rigged to him because of the craziness and the ridiculous kick that was replayed everywhere to build excitement for the new weight classes and fighters.

And his smoking gun was the fact that Bendo pauses for a second right before the kick and supposedly "signals" Pettis by tapping his back foot for no reason against one of the cage banisters. It's at :05 of this video right before Pettis begins the kick:

Sherdog has had a lot of interesting thoughts on certain events in MMA history, what are your guys favorite conspiracies?

I agree. The original poster was right. Definitely looked like a set up.

Mine is that Jon Jones is on PED's because he had a little girl's t count the first time he got randomly tested.

oh wait....nm

UFC knew Lesnar was juicy when he fought Hunt, but they didn't give a shit.

or maybe ben was gonna do a super man off the cage, then chose not to.

I've seen that before many times but can't deny that it's definitely an odd move for Benson to stop, tap the sole of his foot against the cage and then circle off to the right with Pettis sprinting at the cage wall...

Last edited:
In relation to your Bendo and Pettis example, people have also complained of Belfort/Rockhold.

Rockhold appears to nod a few seconds before the crazy kick.

I personally think it's all bullshit.

Anderson's fight against Chael was an intentional performance art piece as an homage to Nogueira

I firmly believe this one, and with a fervor and tenacity normally reserved for Kennedy assassination/Tower 7 theorists

I remember that shit, lol. Randomly thought about it earlier this week actually. Friggin' goofs.

never realised how fishy that Pettis kick looked before. thanks for sharing.

I'll throw this one into the mix....

Gary Copeland IS actually Brock Lesnar when there's a crescent moon. That's why Brock doesn't do much media/social media, he's only on wwe once every few weeks. Also, He tested positive for the steroids he took in the form of Gary Copeland (who is clearly juiced). Brock has never touched steroids (as Brock).

All seems to fit too nicely.

When there were rumors on here about Pride being sold to the UFC, I thought it was bullshit.

That Conor's poop tastes like waffles.

It actually tastes like strawberries.

In relation to your Bendo and Pettis example, people have also complained of Belfort/Rockhold.

Rockhold appears to nod a few seconds before the crazy kick.

I personally think it's all bullshit.
never seen anyone mention that, but i always noticed that lil nod.

Jose aldo has a twin brother and when he jumped into the crowd in brazil. Him and his brother did the old switcheroo for the post fight drug test. Which was also dropped.

Back