Miesha Tate still open to Cris Cyborg fight: ‘I just feel like I have nothing to lose in that'

Eater of Souls

Guardian of the Gate
@Silver
Reaction score
Miesha Tate's roller-coaster year hasn't changed anything about her willingness to fight Cris Cyborg.

Tate, the former UFC women's bantamweight champion, said recently on The MMA Hour that she would be game to move up in weight and challenge Cyborg at the same 140-pound catchweight the feared Brazilian has competed at for her first two UFC fights.

"When I was the champ, they told me that they would not ... do a catchweight, so either she has to meet you at 135 or you have to not be the champion," Tate said on The MMA Hour. "So now that I'm not the champion, I technically could fight her at 140. I wouldn't be against it. The thing is, I just feel like I have nothing to lose in that."

Tate's remarks are consistent with past comments she has made about a potential meeting against Cyborg, the reigning Invicta FC featherweight champion. In March, Tate said that she "would love" to challenge herself against Cyborg. Several months later, Tate admitted that she would be at an inherent disadvantage against Cyborg, but that it also would be "really cool" to test herself against such a dreaded opponent.

Tate's words come at a time when Cyborg can finally call herself a UFC fighter. After several frustrating years spent in limbo, Cyborg has competed twice for the promotion in 2016 against Leslie Smith and Lina Lansberg. The 31-year-old Brazilian won both fights with vicious knockouts, extending an unbeaten streak that spans more than a decade. However the weight cut down to 140 pounds was a struggle in both instances for Cyborg, and following the Lansberg win, she expressed her reluctance to make the cut again unless it was against a top-10 bantamweight opponent.

More:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/...-to-cris-cyborg-fight-i-just-feel-like-i-have

MeishaTatesLovelyLadyLumps.gif

police-officer-looks-at-miesha-tates-ass-at-ufc196-weigh-ins-lol-funny.gif

giphy.gif

Respect.

You aren't likely to hear Ronda saying that

She has nothing to lose

EXCEPT

her teeth, and what's left of the bridge of her nose.

If that nose isn't irreparable now,
then it will be after a fight with cyroid

Could ruin what's let of her career by taking too much damage.

Sign on the dotted line and do it Meisha. I grow tired of watching Cyborg beat up chubby waitresses, and its always nice to see Tate on tv.

"When I was the champ, they told me that they would not ... do a catchweight, so either she has to meet you at 135 or you have to not be the champion,"

before she was champ she said she would fight cyborg if she was the champ. she got the belt then said she was gonna stay at 135 and defend her belt. said that cyborg had to make 135 not a catch weight. the ufc didnt say that. now she says cyborgs name again.

shes not taking that fight and she knows it

She already said this before. As did Holly. Accept it or GTFO

Talk is cheap. Let's see if she takes it. Doubt it though.

Back