The tainted supplement defense, can it be manufactured?

Aforo88

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
From what I understand it is very easy to get supplements on the GNC shelf over in the US.
If one pop, is it possible to set up a supplement company and flod the GNC shelfs with the the substance you popped for?

Much easier to say an anonymous trainer gave you the PED without your knowledge and it only happened that one time by innocent mistake, like Cyborg did.

Possible? Sure. Not terribly likely. You can fabricate the supplements in your possession as being tainted. Far more difficult to set up the supplement company themselves as having tainted supplements on the shelves.

Who cares. They all roid anyway, just fucken let them and make it an even playing field.

If usada goesband pulls other bottles off the shelf and they also test positive, how can you deny it i guess?

It is sketchy in the cases like Romero, Cyborg and Lesnar tho.

If so, im never buying another friekin supplement again, lol

It doesn't matter, if the supplement company didn't list the banned substance and USADA has it proved to them that the supplement actually does have the banned substance in it, USADA's actions have been to reduce the suspension from 24 months to 6 months. I think that is appropriate. I don't think that most UFC fighters have the means to have every supplement they take tested in a lab to make sure it's clean and therefore it should either be on USADA to test all supplements that are mass produced or disregard positive tests due to tainted supplements. This USADA thing is good for the sport but it is preposterous for the fighters. Making themselves available and their locations known at all times and then expecting the fighters to hire labs to analyze every supplement... no. The fighters don't get paid enough for all of this and just because Jones gets paid a lot he shouldn't be held to a different standard. USADA needs to get their act together and clean up the supplement industry, not the fighters.

GNC supplements contain 7-Keto

Money talks... Bones sucks.

tumblr_nhnooggfug1u2ragso1_500.gif

Please explain.
Because how many times can you use the same excuse, and if you are a pro athlete, you should be smart and careful enough to know what you are taking. I believe that it may happen occasionally, but they make it seem like every package of protein powder secretly has ground up Russian horse steroids in them.

Ignorance and stupidity is not an excuse and if you are careful and cautious it would not happen. The vast majority of people being busted for "tainted supplements " had to have known they were taking something either outright illegal or at least sketchy

seems to me its fairly obvious its the new loophole to keep fighters fighting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back