How is Reebok winning something with the UFC contract, if NO ONE is buying the UFC kits

Metallicalabran

Don't be scared homie!
@Brown
Reaction score
I read before it was the exposure on social media, but I dont understand this right because:

- Its the exposure on social media a way to advertising so (not directly revenue, just a way to sell more kits)

- Or its reebok actually winning money just by the social media exposure (how?)

Because I get reebok wants advertising, everyone talking about them thanks to UFC, but if at the end of the day, with all that exposure, still NO ONE is buying the fight kits... what they get?

EDIT: The conclusion here is, that Reebok doesnt need to sell a single one fight kit, the thing is this deal was very CHEAP to them, so is everything about advertising, the whole UFC roster advertising Reebok and cheaper than pay to a single one other sport superstar. (sounds about right to me, didnt know the deal was so cheap to Reebok to do, and considering Ronda and Conor are almost as popular as other sports superstars, its very cheap to them)

Last edited:
Repositioning the brand. Nike has a firm grasp on anything sport related, sponsoring a lot of athletes and sports. They fell behind. That is probably the reason they started putting money in the UFC and crossfit for example.

Just my guess

the only reason the reebok deal even exists is because jones scared off nike and 3 months later the ufc was afraid every major brand would lose interest so they offered reebok a deal they couldnt refuse.

thanks jon jones.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/522a2049e4b0a0ce717e990c/5675a5852399a3a13cbf7cdc/5675a5850ab377c9815e45d4/1450550681273/:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s.gif

Repositioning the brand. Nike has a firm grasp on anything sport related, sponsoring a lot of athletes and sports. They fell behind. That is probably the reason they started putting money in the UFC and crossfit for example.

Just my guess

this means, despite no one is buying fight kits, the casuals would buy more Reebok shoes (not UFC related) just reebok shoes, because the brand is more familiar to them (seeing it all the time on social media)

or means something else?

the only reason the reebok deal even exists is because jones scared off nike and 3 months later the ufc was afraid every major brand would lose interest so they offered reebok a deal they couldnt refuse.

thanks jon jones.

6359550187037793341608831665_tumblr_inline_nmb976Nkh01r5gg5i.gif

xlSo1PTeRI2HyA9q3O4M_Jon%20Stewart%20Double%20Flip.gif

Cause less than 12 million per year for a whole organization is cheap advertisement. Nike pays each big athlete around that much.

They got a lot of exposure as a company especially through Ronda and McGregor who became big mainstream stars while wearing Reebok and promoting it. The same reason why Adidas pays big money to have guys like Messi promoting them.

Maybe people don't buy kits but many bought some Reebok sneakers or t-shirts or whatever. If you choose between a company you know and the company you never heard of then most people would pick the product of a more known company.

The deal with the UFC has been good for Reebok, they would have to pay a lot of money to be endorsed by the equivalents of Ronda and Conor in other sports.

Look how much the biggest stars have to be paid by Adidas and Nike:

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/biggest-endorsement-deals-sports-history/

Screen_Shot_2015-07-08_at_9.30.14_AM.0.png

reebok-khabib-nurmagomedov-bear-shirt.jpg

impossible to find OG Khabib shirt from 2015 > current pos release

fuck you reebok

I am going to go with ......Reebok made a bad business decision and wont make it again. The End, next thread

Do fans think that Reebok only makes UFC kits? WTF? Reebok can sell 0 kits in the 7 year UFC deal and still get their moneys worth. If I need to explain why U must be one stupid fella.

They don't have to make money off of the fight kits themselves
It's about marketing and brandawareness,
They literally don't have to sell any kits at all (well, maybe not literally - but that's overstated)
Look into the Crossfit/Rebook deal to see the parallels

Plus just because you guys don't see people in fightkits, doesn't mean people training at UFC gyms are rocking the Rebook swag.

They got a lot of exposure as a company especially through Ronda and McGregor who became big mainstream stars while wearing Reebok and promoting it. The same reason why Adidas pays big money to have guys like Messi promoting them.

Maybe people don't buy kits but many bought some Reebok sneakers or t-shirts or whatever. If you choose between a company you know and the company you never heard of then most people would pick the product of a more known company.

The deal with the UFC has been good for Reebok, they would have to pay a lot of money to be endorsed by the equivalents of Ronda and Conor in other sports.

Look how much the biggest stars have to be paid by Adidas and Nike:

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/biggest-endorsement-deals-sports-history/

Hi-Tech as usual dropping dimes

Reebok sells much more than fight kits, they really mean nothing at all.. It is all about the advertising..

Coca cola spends something like $1 billion per year on advertising. You got me.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/522a2049e4b0a0ce717e990c/5675a5852399a3a13cbf7cdc/5675a5850ab377c9815e45d4/1450550681273/:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s.gif

lmfao who were they chanting at here? Shawn Michaels?

Back