Rua is 8-8 in the UFC. Just saying.

The Sausage King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Look, prior to coming to the UFC, Rua's biggest wins were Lil Nog, Overeem and Rampage. Once coming to the UFC, his biggest wins are against Vera, Griffin, Chuck, and Machida. While solid wins, overall, he is still just 8-8 in the UFC. Is it wrong to not look past this, or are we going to keep referring to Rua as one of the greatest given this obviously less-than-amazing resume ?

Now, I shall presume the position of anyone who dare's questions Rua's reputation.

3401898489.gif

No one in lhw history has a a better resume than him other than Jones.......so there's that.

Ninja never fought in the UFC

Delete your thread out of respect to the facts

No one in lhw has a a better resume than him other than Jones.......so there's that.

LOL - bullshit. Machida's wins are much better:

Tito, Rashad, Thiago Silva, Rich Franklin, Ryan Bader (who beat Lil Nog), Rampage and Davis if you give him the nod.

Machida > Rua. Deal with it.

Dan Henderson is 9-9 in the UFC. He must be the worst ever.

what a true warrior and still fighting too, most fighters would have retired a long time ago after his serious knee injuries but he keeps going and bring the most exciting fights in MMA history, he's a true legend thanks for reminding us, won the Pride Grand Prix then the UFC belt and he still probably didn't even meet his potential, probably the most likable fighter ever

LOL - bullshit. Machida's wins are much better:

Tito, Rashad, Thiago Silva, Rich Franklin, Ryan Bader (who beat Lil Nog), Rampage and Davis if you give him the nod.

Machida > Rua. Deal with it.

Last time I checked, Shogun stopped the machida era before it started.

And I was talking all time,

Last edited:
Mirko Cro Cop went 5-6 in the UFC, what a can of corn.

Still remember the day Bonesnose took his soul, was a sad day for me lol

Look, prior to coming to the UFC, Rua's biggest wins were Lil Nog, Overeem and Rampage. Once coming to the UFC, his biggest wins are against Vera, Griffin, Chuck, and Machida. While solid wins, overall, he is still just 8-8 in the UFC. Is it wrong to not look past this, or are we going to keep referring to Rua as one of the greatest given this obviously less-than-amazing resume ?

Now, I shall presume the position of anyone who dare's questions Rua's reputation.

3401898489.gif

Shogun should've been Middleweight for his UFC career

Like many other greats, he's kept fighting long after his prime. It's only natural that his record starts to look bad if you only look at the last few years. It's also worth mentioning that when you've been at the top as Rua has, you tend to mostly fight big names for the rest of your career.

Very rare that someone retires at the top, I can really only thing of GSP in the MMA world.

Last edited:
UFC Shogun disappointed, we all know that. Pride Shogun was a fucking animal though.

Nearly all of his losses in the UFC have come to guys who have tested positive OR took PED/testosterone/other steroids. Notorious drug users like Chael, Henderson and Jones.

Only clean one's might be Gus and OSP.

Shogun on TRT would be champion right now.

3401898489.gif

With all do respect son it shows how new and how little you really know about theMMA game and common sense in general. Rua was already way past his prime by the time he got to the UFC understand boy? But he became UFC champion by defeating lyoto machida.. incredible performance. But Rua really was past his prime.. he just got in shape and turned it up for the championship.

2 things we seen from rua. He for the most part never took the UFC totally serious. He lost to Griffin after gassing out and also he struggled like hell against Mark Coleman of all people when both were gassed in a 3 round fight early. The fact of the matter is if you watched his UFC run you would understand this guy had been through a million wars and had a million injuries but his performance against Machida made him the #1 LHW in the world while he was in the UFC once again.

Incredible that at that age (having fought so many fights) and after compiling so many injuries he still had something left in the tank to make one more incredible run. For the most part though Shoguns entire UFC career was just a big long retirement tour that wouldn't end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back