ufc 205 perdictions !!

mmajac

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
hello everyone, im stoked to be apart of the sherdog online community! i have been a huge fan of mma since i was 5 or 6 and have been a fan of boxing from even younger. its family tradition to watch the fights when there on once a month and its really like my hockey, or baseball, or football ect what ever your sport that you watch and follow mine has been fighting.

since its my first post on here i thought i would make one of my predictions for the ufc 205 card in NEW YORK friggin city! everyone knows this card is stacccked. from the fight pass prelims all the way up. almost every single fight on this card could be a main event in on themselves. the card has so many huge stars of this generation of mma greats! this to me really feels like an old school pride card that promises action and entertainment in all aspects of mma from bell to bell ! some may say the ufc might have screwed them self's for the rest of the new years card and the begging of next year by stacking all of this talent on 1 card. i do not think this is the case though since the coming back of ronda and the type of fights i believe will take place on the 205 card. what i mean by that is these are fights where all of these guys and girls go for the finish. not one of these fighters are ones who play the "game" so to speak of winning rounds. they go for the kill and when both fighters are that way it usually ends up finishing brutally and abruptly!

so without further ado i will break down the fights. ill go more in depth for the prelim and the main card fights but i will still give my prediction on the fight pass fights also but not as in depth. ( they haven't set the order yet but i prensume Liz carmouche vs Katlyn Chookagian and Lyman good vs Belal Muhammad will be the fight pass fights)

liz Carmouche vs Katlyn Chookagian

so this ones a tough one. liz has shown to be game ! she was the first person to really give ronda any sort of trouble in a fight. her other 2 loses in the ufc are 2 other woman who went on to fight for the belt and she went to decision with both. and she has a tko win over Jessica andrade who is in the 115 pound division now and is looking like the next inline after ufc the 205 straw-weight championship fight. but katlyn chookagian is no joke! this girl has some awsome knees up the middle in the clinch. her ground game is legit also, courtesy of renzo bjj and training with the likes of frankie edgar and those guys. she has shown improved wrestling but that is her downfall. liz has a chance to grind this out but i think Katlyn Chookagian upsets liz and continues her undefeated streak !
prediction: Katlyn Chookagain by 3 round decision

Lyman Good vs Belal Muhammad

i do not know a whole lot about ether of these guys. i know Lyman has been around for a while he has over 20 fights so he is quite experienced. he has never been finished in those 20 fights. hes the home town boy in this fight also so i cant help but feel like belal is more or less the lamb for the slaughter so to speak.

prediction: Lyman Good by 2 round tko/ ko

Jim Miller vs Thiago Alves

now this is what im talking about ! this fight will most likely end up being the first fight on the prelims. now let that sink in. jim miller a 8X ufc performance bonus winner, and former top contender in the lightweight division. versus Thiago "the pittbull" Alves. a 4x performance bonus winner with a tile shot under his belt. he has fought a who's who of fighters at welterweight. the move down to lightweight is very crazy one considering there has been people who have talked about him walking around at over 200 pounds ! he says he can make it so we got take his word for it. i think Jim Miller is a type of guy who has had some unfortunate luck through out his career. this past year i believe it was, he got limes disease. now i have never known anyone who has had it but everything i read about it, its not a very funny thing to have to deal with and it can be very hard to actually diagnose it properly. since he has got it under control which i believe was just before his ufc 200 fight with gomi, he has look back to former self. i think with the energy and durability jim miller has coupled with his insane pressure game and top notch bjj, Alves has his work cut out for him. i think his only shot is put jim away and jim can finish alves on the ground and the feet. also the weight cut in my opinion is just to much for anyone i dont care who you are . when you fight a guy like jim miller you need cardio cause pressure is one of his main tools.

Prediction: Jim Miller by 3 round sub

Rafel Natal vs Tim Botesch

this is an awesome match up that im surprised never happened already. these 2 seemed to be so close to each other all the time both having huge fights over the last few years. natal is is coming of a lose but it was a decision to the hard hitting Aussie Robert Whitaker who is top 10 right now. Botesch is coming of a win over the late Josh Samman ( RIP) by tko. but beofre that he was on a skid of 2-6 and was most likely going to be cut if he did not win. he pulled of the huge win and got him self a spot on the biggest ufc card ever! Botesch is such a likeable guy and you can not help but hope the best for the guy. time is not on his side though and i hate to say this about any fighter since im not one my self. but i think his best days are behind him. now natal is very good and is dangerous in all aspects, but the big key i think is not in skill but youth. natal i think is just reaching his peak potential and i think these next couple fights of his will probably be some of his best. if this was a year and half 2 years ago i would give this one to botesch no problom. to powerful, and to mean! but father time is catching up and i belive natal is really coming into his own .

prediction: natal 3 round decision

Rashad Evans vs Tim Kennedy

this fight is very interesting considering the 2 big factors: Evans first foray into the lighter middleweight division. and Tim Kennedy's return from an extended lay off from the cage. to begin both of these guys have fought only top notch talent most of there careers. evans at light heavyweight and Tim at middleweight. both guys are explosive and can end your night with 1 punch. evans seems to be seeing father time catching up to him these past few years. the days of sugar rashad shocking the world with an overhand right from the other side of the planet in a split second are over. he has beat his body up over the years and many surgeries and years in the gym are going to be a hindrance for rashad when he has to fight fast, young, mobile top notch middleweights like Romero, Jacare, Rockhold, Weidman. Kennedy has been out along time. he finally got over the whole stool gate thing i guess. thats my problom with kennedy is in that fight he got screwed but at the same time he is sappost to be this hardcore army ops guy, with training for dealing with the most touchy, extreme situations mentally and physically. well if that the case how the hell was he he thrown of SOOO much by the whole stool gate scene. he has been reported as saying he checked out so to speak. this is not a sign of a champion to me and it shows there is quit in TIm. when the going gets tough i think Tim breaks against the hardest in the division but i think rashad is not one of them. rashad is past his prime and has no choice but to try and get his career revitalised at this lighter division.

prediction: Tim Kennedy 3 rd decision
:

Kabib Nurmagomedov vs Michael Johnson

Kabib was the # 1 contender for the lightweight title but he was off for some time almost contemplating retiring completely. he came back and won his first fight back against an outranked opponent. he did not finish the fight though leaving much to wonder if he may have lost the Russian killer mentality ! Kabib is a very impressive individual with great power in his strikes and ungodly ground and pound and clinch work. he really is like a smaller more agile fedor in my opinion. Michael Johnson had that tough fight with Nate but rebounded with a very impressive win over Dustin poirier. Kabib was seen on social media posting contracts for the title fight against Eddie at ufc 205 and ufc 206 but in the end the Irish won out and Kabib has been given a hard test in the promising talent of Michael Johnson. Johnson showed in the Nate fight at the beginning that he can stand and box with an elite of the division he succumbed to the Stockton slap but showed some real promise to be a future contender. After his impressive display of boxing against Dustin, Johnson got another golden ticket in the Kabib fight. i think this fight will be action packed and will be very closely contested but i think the Russian bear, has to much skill, diversity and raw fighting instinct that will prove to much for the rising dynamo in Johnson.

prediction: Kabib by 2 round tko/ko

Frankie Edgar vs Jeremy Stephens

now this is going to be one friggin barn burner!! and what a fight to headline the prelim card. my god when have you ever had a prelim headliner be this good? i don't think any others can compare. you got frankie edgar former lightweight champion, one of the greatest lightweights of all time, and future hall of famer. versus Jeremy Lil' Heathen Stephens. one of the hardest hitting lighter weight fighters of all time. he is owner of some of the most brutal ice cold kos in the lightweight and featherweight divisions. he has shown improved take-down defence his past couple fights and is really coming into his own right now. Edgar has such an insane gas tank and his pressure game is one of the best if not the best in the business. he didn't really look himself against aldo but who knows. aldo is one of the all time greats of the lighter weights also so it could be that but i think Edgar had a bad night. edgar has been threw some wars in the past and has shown to be resilient but this sport is very unforgiving and you only can take so many huge punches and only so many wars before that armour begins to crack and the jaw doesn't hold up anymore. i think edgar is at his prime but i think he has a hard night of work if he were to fight aldo, McGregor, Holloway. Jeremy has some insane power but has been a head hunter alot of the time and if he doesnt set his shots up properly against edgar it could be a long night for him. i dont think edgar can finish Stephens but i also think Stephens only shot at winning is by ko and when the other guy gots more ways of winning and has more experiance it has hard to pick other wise.

prediction: Edgar by 3 round decision

Miesha Tate vs Raquel Pennington

so to start of the main card we got Miesha Tate making her return since her lose to Nunes for the title. she will be taking on Raquel who was a contestant on the first season of the tuf that had woman competing for a contract. She lost in the house to the run er up but showed some good boxing and toughness. she has seemed to be a very self conscious it seems or maybe something else i don't quite know but she does seem to be getting better and more calm as she moves along with her career. Miesha was actually her coach on the tuf witch ads some interesting back story to this one. when the show ended Raquel was quoted as saying she would not have a problem fighting her coach if asked, which kind of tells me the 2 were not the best of pals! Miesha has shown to be a game competitor coming back to win fights she was behind in multiple times. i dont think Raquel will be out classed but i think she will have her hands full with Miesha. Miesha has been in there with a who's who of woman from the 135 division and has shown to be very very durable. Raquel has some good boxing which is miesha's weaker aspect but even with that beeing her weaker aspect she has shown to be able to last 5 rounds with a world champion boxer and she boxed the hell out of Jessica eye.

prediction: Tate by 3 round sub

Kelvin Gastelum vs Donald Ceronne

now don't get me wrong this fight is a very, very exciting match up, but i think im not the only one who wishes the Robbie fight would have happened ! I give Ceronne a far better chance in this fight then against robbie but that fight it would have been bananas ! against kelvin ceronne has so make gastelum respect his striking and not allow kelvin to just walk him down and apply the pressure. kelvin is one of these guys i think his whole career he will be look past in discussions of the top talent. only real hardcore fans know who he is since hes newer. he has a very quite calm demeanour about him which is very respectable but its hard to get behind someone like that when you have guys like mcgregor and ceronne out there. he is in my opinion of the the best unnoticed talents in the mma world. i think with a big win over ceronne that could change though. for ceronne this is another opportunity to do what he loves and it just so happens to be on the biggest event of all time ! ceronne has been a guy to break or wilt when the big time is there. but i think this one is not like that for him. i think this is more a nostalgia thing for him. one of those things he would regret if he never did it later on down the road when his careers done. i dont think it mattered who the ufc asked him to fight he would have been there. it sucks because i want to see both of these guys do well and its a very even match up.

prediction: Kelvin Gastelum by 1 round tko

Chris Weidman vs Yoel Romero

now this card would have been headlined by Jon Jones if he had not messed up and screwed his career over. then comes Weidman who would have been the next choice but he lost the belt to Rockhold . the ufc needed a star from New york so Weidman got the call but since he doesn't have a belt has been forced to take a back seat to the mcgregor show ! We know weidman has been highly regarded by all respectable mma purists . i won a bet of a 24 of beer and 100 bucks because i called weidman beating silva. it wasnt beacuse i had any inside info i just kept seeing interveiws of fighters like gsp, chael sonnen, Thompson, rory and many others who only had good things to say and picked weidman for the upset. he showed he was the next generation when he whiped out the old generations of Brazilians who had control over the middleweight division at the time. When he fought rockhold he was winning the first bit of the fight but threw a very ugly, and poorly timed spinning heal kick which ended up being his untimely demise that night. that is all it takes in this sport though is one simple mistake and that's all she wrote. yoel Romero is coming off of a suspension for PEDs which anyone who has 2 working eyes could tell this guy was genetically enhanced. he has some of the best wrestling the middleweight division has seen. i dont think anyone will take this guy down. that being said his gas tank is one of the worst i have seen for a top tier fighter in a long time. he has got away with bulling guys around for the for the first 2 minutes of a round then coasting. stool gate shown a light on this where he was not able to get off the stool between rounds causing confusion in the ring witch lead to him having more time to rest which was almost guaranteed planned or orchestrated by him or his team. romero is older is no spring chicken. he has shown the skills to compete at the highest level but that was before he popped for PED's and we got to question if those skills we see are as real as they seem or were they helped by a little supplementation.

prediction: weidman 3 round tko

J.J. champion vs Karolina Kowalkiweicz

the battle for poland ! it is not to often you have 2 fighters from the same country outside of the US or Brasil fight for the title against one another. J.J. has proven to be a break out star in this new wave of mma talent and she has only time to grow and mature into a mma icon. possessor of some of the most voracious striking in all of mma. she has shown a nack for ending things violently and impressively. K.K. is a very soft spoken lady. she has good striking and good bjj. i would say one aspect of her game stands out more then the other. she is very well rounded and i think thats her biggest skill or atribute is her ability to be high level in ever aspect of mma. she is not the best striker, or the best bjj, or the best wrestler. she is one of the best at mixing it up and keeping her self in it where ever the fight goes. J.J. has shown to sacume to beeing taken down by experienced ground fighters like Valarie and Claudia. i know Val isn't a ground fighter per say but she has shown to be able to hang with some legit competition on the ground. she got J.J. down at the beginning of the fight but was unable to keep her there for to long. K.K. is coming of the huge win over Rose and a performance where she really came out and showed she is word class and she has some great ground work herself. to be able to fend of rose and keep it standing is an amazing feather in her cap. i think J.J. is almost untouchable right now and it will take somone with top notch striking and an iron will to beat her.

prediction: JJ Champion by 3 round tko

tyron Woodley vs Stephen Thompson

now this is a fight that you should not blink for. tyron has power for days and can turn the lights out with one big shot. Thompson has an elusive style that makes it very hard to judge where he will be for punches and where he can strike you from. tyron has shown to be hesitant in the past such as in the rory fight to engage with someone who controls distance. stephan has never lost a stand up fight in his life. i dont think tyron is the man to do that but he does have the wrestling back ground where if this fight goes to the ground wonderboy could be in for a world of hurt. and if tyron is able to cut off the cage and get Stephen against the cage i think tyrons strength and power could play a big role. Stephen has a style un like anyone in mma today besides maybe Michael venom page. even that being said. it is widely regarded that wonderboy is the best! he has so many tools when it comes to striking i dont think we have seen anything like it. he is really a once a a decade type of talent. i called it before the hendricks fight that this was the future of mma it least skill wise. then i said reluctantly before the mcdonald fight even got annouced that wonderboy will be champion next. i was wrong tyron got the shot first and proved to millions of people including me that he did deserve the shot! but Stephen did beat rory pretty handedly and now is right where i pictured him being!

prediction: Stephen thompson rd 2 ko

Eddie Alverez vs Connor Mcgregor

this is a sport defying moment this fight. the main event of the most stacked card the ufc has ever put on. 2 titles, a chance for the first ever 2 division champ in ufc history. the biggest draw arguably in all of mma history. this fight is going to be fireworks guaranteed so hope you all enjoy it as much as i know i am going to ! Eddie has been around for a long time and with his wins over Gilbert, Pettis, and dos Anjos and his 2 bellator and 1 ufc belt he has cemented him self as one of the gretest of all time. this is a huge moment for everyone of these fighters but for Eddie i believe this is a along time coming and this has fallen into place nicely for him. i dont think Eddie has to much pressure on him to be truthful. i think there is more pressure on connor for this fight which might play a factor in this one. connor has been living the mac life for a few years now and seems to be enjoying the life of silk pyjamas and caymen shoes. i dont know if his drive is 100 % focused on being the best. i think it has shifted to how he is perceived and how he looks to the public eye. Eddie has proven to be susceptible to getting in wars and has been thru a few. connor hits very very hard which was evident with the Diaz fight. no one has really dropped Nate in a fight like connor did. and that was 170. if connor can drop one of the toughest chins in all of mma at a division he has no business being at it proves just how powerful his punch really is. Eddie has the skills to make this a war but i dont know if a war is what Eddie should really be looking for with connor. connor is very good at countering and if Eddie gets wild it could spell disaster real quick. Eddie has to make it a technical but grinding at the same time. what i mean is he needs to control the pace, control Connors movement cut him off and make it a clinch battle. Eddie has a better gas tank and should look to utilise it.

prediction : mcgregor by 2 rd tko/ ko

thanks hope you guys enjoy ! i also want to make one more bold prediction : ufc 205 will be the highest ppv # of any ufc card ever !

TLDR

But you're predictions are pretty good..

I don't possess the patience to write all that out, but you did a good job with it. Very little I disagree with.

Now that we've heard your perdictions ....

Do you have any predictions ?

Alvarez - Unanimous Decision
Woodley - 2nd KO
Joanna/Karolina - split Joanna, maybe draw
Weidman - Decision
Gastelum - 1st TKO
Tate - 2 or 3rd SUB
Edgar - Decision
Johnson - 1st KO
Evans - 2nd KO
Natal - Decision
Miller - Decision
Last 2 fights I don't feel confident enough to give predictions.

Eddie Alverez vs Connor Mcgregor
"sport defying moment this fight."
Mike Goldberg would be proud.

Liz rd 2 tko
Alvrez rd 1 ko
Natal 3 rd decision
Kennedy 3 rd decision
Johnson 2 rd ko
Edgar 3 rd decision
Tate 3rd tko
Cerrone 1 rd tko
Weidman 3 rd decision
Joanna 3 rd decision
Thompson 3 rd tko
Connor 4 rd tko

And this is why white belts should be allowed to start threads.

Liz rd 2 tko
Alvrez rd 1 ko
Natal 3 rd decision
Kennedy 3 rd decision
Johnson 2 rd ko
Edgar 3 rd decision
Tate 3rd tko
Cerrone 1 rd tko
Weidman 3 rd decision
Joanna 3 rd decision
Thompson 3 rd tko
Connor 4 rd tko

Joanna Is defending the belt. How does she get a 3 round decisión?

Joanna Is defending the belt. How does she get a 3 round decisión?
White belt
BSmCHFdqKJZ4s.gif

so i gotta change one of my predictions since lyman good has been pulled from the card. i think his replacement, Vincente luque is such a tougher fight for belal. guy is a proven finisher. i still dont see belal having a chance!

prediction : Vincente by 2 rd sub

Conor 1rd KO
Wonderboy Decision (4-1)
Romero decision (2-1)
Cerrone decision (2-1)
Edgar decision (3-0)
Kabib decision (3-0)
Kennedy KO round 1

Will probably only bet on Romero @ 6/4. Although I may bet on an Edgar decision if its at least 1/1.

Back