Rashad Evans talks Glover Teixeira loss

Cliffs "I thought i was gonna win and then i lost"

I'd be pretty surprised, I think Kennedy will run through him.
If Rashad is really motivated, in his first fight at 185, I think he is going to look really good. Kennedy hasn't fought in like 8 years or something, so he's a tough one to judge.

If Rashad is really motivated, in his first fight at 185, I think he is going to look really good. Kennedy hasn't fought in like 8 years or something, so he's a tough one to judge.
Tim is always in shape though, Rashad coming off a 2 losses

I hope he destroys Kennedy. Rashad is a cool dude.

Tim is always in shape though, Rashad coming off a 2 losses
Kennedy fighting his first fight post USADA. Not that I'm accusing him, but
tim-kennedy-ufc-178.jpg

he might look a little different now.

A fully motivated in shape Evans still has a lot of trouble with Kennedy imo. It's true that Kennedy has had a long lay off so if that does end up being a big factor then maybe Evans gets the win, buts that's the only way I see Evans getting the W tbh.

A fully motivated in shape Evans still has a lot of trouble with Kennedy imo. It's true that Kennedy has had a long lay off so if that does end up being a big factor then maybe Evans gets the win, buts that's the only way I see Evans getting the W tbh.
I think Kennedy's biggest threat is his grappling, and Rashad never got grapplefucked at 205, so I don't see Kennedy being able to put him down and keep him down at 185. On the feet, Shad is way faster. I think he neutralizes Tim's wrestling, and beats him up standing.

I think Kennedy's biggest threat is his grappling, and Rashad never got grapplefucked at 205, so I don't see Kennedy being able to put him down and keep him down at 185. On the feet, Shad is way faster. I think he neutralizes Tim's wrestling, and beats him up standing.

Rashad has some great defensive wrestling (and offensive tbh), but I'm not as convinced that he handles Kennedy on the feet as you are. Kennedy hits hard and it's been a long time since we have seen Rashad do much to anyone on the feet.

I'd be pretty surprised, I think Kennedy will run through him.
This is kind of my thinking. I think Kennedy's head is still in the game, Rashad has seemed mentally checked out for a while now and is just going through the motions. Don't really see that hunger in him anymore.

Rashad has some great defensive wrestling (and offensive tbh), but I'm not as convinced that he handles Kennedy on the feet as you are. Kennedy hits hard and it's been a long time since we have seen Rashad do much to anyone on the feet.
Yea Rashad has looked like junk for a little while now. And Kennedy hasn't fought for like 6 years. Rashad's first fight at 185, and Kennedy's first fight back in a long time, it's tough to know what either of them will look like in the cage. I'm picking Rashad because I think he's better and I like him more, but I'm not putting money on him or anything, and saying that Kennedy has no chance. I'm looking forward to it, and rooting for Shad.

Yea Rashad has looked like junk for a little while now. And Kennedy hasn't fought for like 6 years. Rashad's first fight at 185, and Kennedy's first fight back in a long time, it's tough to know what either of them will look like in the cage. I'm picking Rashad because I think he's better and I like him more, but I'm not putting money on him or anything, and saying that Kennedy has no chance. I'm looking forward to it, and rooting for Shad.

Yeah I agree I'm not making a for sure bet on it either, just favoring Kennedy. Hoping for a good scrap.

Tim Kennedy is a terrible person so I hope Shad smashes him

Tim Kennedy deserves a proper opponent. Like Rumble proper.

Back