Who else have a feeling Rumble will destroy DC?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Rumble's wrestling seems so much better now

His wrestling will have nothing to do with it, there's still a big gap between the two in that department. I do think Rumble KOs him brutally and quickly this time though.

Rumble via body shot KO

Rumble can and I hope will KO him, but he always has had pretty good wrestling and TDD, especially early in a fight.

Would love Rumble as champ.

It's possible, but hard to to say what will happen really.

You know they fought already right.....
Good use of the word destroy.

Cormier via boring lnp.
Doing barely the minimum not to get them stand up by the ref.

Very difficult fight to call. Within the first two rounds, AJ has always a huge chance to land. Cormier needs to wear the man out. If Johnson has been training intelligently to defend the takedown and pressure, he can win. I don't think Cormier, or anyone for that matter, can withstand standing with AJ. Daniel has very strong hands, and can hang in there, but his short range fighting would make him have to get within AJs range, and trading blows with the latter is not a good idea.

Now, AJ is strong enough where, if properly trained, can be as effective as Jones in resisting the takedown. He is that strong, has great reaction time, and wrestling skills. But from what I have seen AJ has fallen in love a lot with his striking and power, to the detriment of his grappling offensive and defense. It's a common symptom, even Fedor fell for this at one point.

It will all turn on the capacity of Cormier to get that takedown and AJ to defend it. What's encouraging for Cormier is that, although this was pretty much known before their first fight, AJ proved incapable of defending the takedown. If AJ hasn't found a way to substantially improve his reaction time and defensive wrestling, he will be put in the same situation.

He would probably have to do it in the first 2 minutes, after that, it probably looks just like the first one. I'm rooting for Rumble though. I still want to see Rumble/Jones.

Rumble's wrestling seems so much better now

Based on what?

He KO'd Glover in 15 seconds, Bader in under 2 minutes, and Manuwa in 2 rounds

AJ can win for sure. That kind of power changes things, but its not like DC can't take AJ down

I am picking Anthony to win this fight by knockout. Daniel is not getting any younger and those knees are not getting any healthier. Johnson is on a huge roll destroying folks..

Based on what?

He KO'd Glover in 15 seconds, Bader in under 2 minutes, and Manuwa in 2 rounds

AJ can win for sure. That kind of power changes things, but its not like DC can't take AJ down
Seems like you missed the Bader and Manuwa fights. His wrestling was heavily on display in both of them.

if rumble cant finish it in the first round the fight is cormiers for the taking.

16%2B-%2B1

I thought the same thing last time. Hope Rumble pulls it off this time.

Back