Old School Time: Oleg Taktarov

BisexualMMA

Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!
@Titanium
Reaction score
This is a gathering of the masses that come to pay respects to Oleg Taktarov. For my money, one of the should-be UFC Hall of Famers, with a 17-5-2 MMA record and UFC 6 tournament champion. Fought Ken Shamrock to a draw for the UFC Superfight title.

Here's a highlight tribute...

Here he is vs Renzo Gracie...

Here he is vs Mark Kerr's dad...

Against fellow slighted should-be UFC Hall of Famer Marco Ruas...

Wrecking Sean Alvarez...

In Pancrase against Ryushi Yanagisawa (not his finest day)...

Real life boxing match vs Ivan Drago...

And this one isn't on his fight finder, but he holds a TKO victory over Predator Dogs.

Tank Abbott, who doesn't like many people, says Oleg was the toughest guy he ever fought, a real warrior who took everything Tank could throw at him. Tank describes that fight as the best 30 minutes of his life.

I remember watching Oleg in the early UFCs when I was a kid and being amazed at how tough he was. Massive respect to Oleg!

Also he is the one UFC fighter who transitioned into movies and was actually a decent actor.

6062486_orig.jpg

I remember him being pissed as shit when his fight with Severn was stopped.

Oleg vs Renzo and Oleg vs Big Daddy are classics

I think that Oleg v Tank is probably the best fight in the UFC up to that point.

And agree that Marco Ruas should definitely be in the HoF.

Was one of the greats in the old days.
The 2 submission wins over Dave Benateau were fantastic.
Oleg was pretty good in that movie w Robert Deniro. He didn't even speak English back then.

The real life boxing match up with Ivan drago was awesome. I hope to one day see him against the legendary fighter Mickey rourke.

Oleg lived in the town I went to high school in. I never got a chance to meet him. It was a small town too.

Fuck yeah, been a fan of his since the beginning. Since my older brothers used to rent UFC on VHS back in the 90's. My all time favorite Russian fighter (not named Fedor).

WAR OLEG "THE RUSSIAN BEAR" TAKTAROV!!!
latest

Much respect to the Russian Bear as one of the original pioneers in the UFC. I rate Taktarov in the same tier as Don Frye or Dan Severn, he is not the greatest fighter ever however he is a superstar who deserves to be recognized from that early era.

One of the toughest fighters i have ever seen. His fight against Tank Abbott is stuff of legend.

Back