Claudia Gadelha talks leaving Nova Uniao ahead of a fight she didn’t want to take

Eater of Souls

Guardian of the Gate
@Silver
Reaction score
RIO DE JANEIRO -- For the first time in almost a decade, Claudia Gadelha will enter a MMA bout as a former Nova Uniao fighter.

Gadelha lost to UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk via unanimous decision back in July, and faces Cortney Casey at Sao Paulo’s UFC Fight Night 100 on Nov. 19. But right after losing to the champion, "Claudinha" decided to leave the Rio de Janeiro team.

Combate reported in September that Gadelha left Nova Uniao after an arguing with its leader Andre Pederneiras, but she denied the claims during a media day to promote her upcoming fight.

"My relationship with ‘Dede’ was always very professional," Gadelha said. "We were never big friends, big partners. And it continues the same way. If I have to deal with anything professional, I will call him or he will call me. Nothing big happened.

"I was looking for evolution, and evolution is here. Brazil is behind in some things, especially in sport. I want to get better, so I had to come here. But my relationship with ‘Dede’ continues the same, 100 percent professional."

More:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/...eaving-nova-uniao-ahead-of-a-fight-she-didn-t

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Fucking hell, I'm shocked it took a woman to realize NU has been stuck in the stone ages. Maybe she saw Barao's training prior to his fight with TJ.

She's a fuckin excuse machine.

No matter what she believes she either hasn't lost to Joanna. Or it's someone else's fault. Immediately after the fight she said she won round 3. Meaning of course she thought she won the fight. It appears now she's accepted round 3 wasn't even close. But now she says she trained too hard. And of course blames her coaching for it.

I just can't respect her at all.

Funny how people seem to know more about a relationship between fighters and their coaches, than the fighters or coaches themselves. She said everything is fine and that she wanted to change camps, to try to improve her game. And what´s wrong with thinking you won this or that fight? Crazy how people look for any excuses to dislike a fighter.

Just like in most sports, when you change teams it can end up making you much more well rounded. We've seen this time and time again with all sorts of athletes, especially fighters.

It's not crazy to want to put yourself and your family first.

Good on her for finally realizing where the best fighters live and train. #AmericaBless

Unfortunately for Claudia, I think JJ dominates the 115 division for awhile.

Listen to a recent interview with Claudia vs an older interview. Her voice is considerably deeper today. Maybe she is a heavy smoker which could explain her cardio issues.

Listen to a recent interview with Claudia vs an older interview. Her voice is considerably deeper today. Maybe she is a heavy smoker which could explain her cardio issues.

:D

Don't think so.

what are you trying to say

Me, nothing. I mean, I have my suspicions, but I suspect the same thing of most pro athletes and most amateur athletes. Including most of the ones that I have known over the decades. So it is not that big of a deal to me. I am, however, not going to say anything without ample evidence.

Me, nothing. I mean, I have my suspicions, but I suspect the same thing of most pro athletes and most amateur athletes. Including most of the ones that I have known over the decades. So it is not that big of a deal to me. I am, however, not going to say anything without ample evidence.
She is attractive, I agree

Back