Which division has the most and least difficult top 5? Who will become champ in the near future?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Here are the most important divisions with a killer top 5... I ordered the divisions from the most to least difficult, and I underlined the fighters I believe will become or remain champion:

1 - MW: Bisping; Romero; Jacare; Weidman; Rockhold.
Jacare will beat Luke and get the belt from Bisping next.

2 - LW: Alvarez; Khabib; RDA; Ferg; Barboza.
Khabib will beat Johnson and get the belt from Alvarez.

3 - HW: Stipe; Reem; Werdum; Cain; JDS;
Werdum beats Cain... and loses to Stipe again.

4 - WW: Woodley; Thompson; Maia; Lawler; Condit.
Thompson beats Woodley but gets finished by Maia.

BW: Dom; TJ; Lineker; Cody; Rivera.
I see Dom beating Cody, but no way he´s coming out of Lineker´s fight unscathed.

5 - LHW: DC; Johnson; Teixeira; Gustafsson; Bader.
Johnson is gonna make sure DC doesn´t get up from that bomb this time.

Ohh, and R.I.P. featherweight division... it´s been officially buried until further notice... Conor still hasn´t decided what to do with it... some say he will never come back and retire with the belt anyhow.

Hardest top 5 - HW, Stipe, Werdum, Cain, JDS are all beasts and Overeem can also beat anybody on a given day, no one will be dominant champion there most likely

Easiest top 5 - FLW, no one there looks like a real challenge to MM unless they catch him with a bomb (unlikely at that weight)

Hardest top 5 - HW, Stipe, Werdum, Cain, JDS are all beasts and Overeem can also beat anybody on a given day, no one will be dominant champion there most likely

Easiest top 5 - FLW, no one there looks like a real challenge to MM unless they catch him with a bomb (unlikely at that weight)
that´s why I didn´t even put FW in there.... the competition is still shallow.... All guys there are like "hmmm, flyweight... interesting, let me give it a try"... DJ is a great athlete though, despite the lack of depth in FW.

Here are the most important divisions with a killer top 5... I ordered the divisions from the most to least difficult, and I underlined the fighters I believe will become or remain champion:

I see Dom beating Cody, but no way he´s coming out of Lineker´s fight unscathed.

Ohh, and R.I.P. featherweight division... it´s been officially buried until further notice... Conor still hasn´t decided what to do with it... some say he will never come back and retire with the belt anyhow.
DC could've been a heavyweight contender. Only reason he doesn't fight there is because he's friends with Cain. The only guy he's lost to is Jon Jones, arguably the top P4P and who will shortly return to competition. Gus gave both Jones and DC a run for their money in hard-fought wars. Then you've got Johnson who's banishing ppl into the shadow realm and is probably one of the scariest guy in UFC. Jimi Manuwa dismantled OSP who put up a fight against Jones on short notice. Such a crazy division and it's bottom on your list and you think it's easiest. Shaking my head.

Lineker shouldn't get a title shot until he fights 2 or 3 more times and actually makes 135.
Apart from the weight cut, I agree he will give Dom problems

DC could've been a heavyweight contender. Only reason he doesn't fight there is because he's friends with Cain. The only guy he's lost to is Jon Jones, arguably the top P4P and who will shortly return to competition. Gus gave both Jones and DC a run for their money in hard-fought wars. Then you've got Johnson who's banishing ppl into the shadow realm and is probably one of the scariest guy in UFC. Jimi Manuwa dismantled OSP who put up a fight against Jones on short notice. Such a crazy division and it's bottom on your list and you think it's easiest. Shaking my head.
None are easy, I said least difficult. And by the way dude, I respect your opinion but using MMAth like "OSP went 5 r with Jones and lost in the 1st to Manuwa", is not the best way to analyze how difficult divisions are, don´t you think?

MW is probably the toughest with the champ being the worst in the top 5. FW has competitors lining up with Aldo, Frankie, and Holloway all ready to beat the champ. 125 is probably the weakest as far as competition to the champ goes

Manuwa really shouldn't be considered top 5 over Glover and Bader just for beating OSP, his first name win.

None are easy, I said least difficult. And by the way dude, I respect your opinion but using MMAth like "OSP went 5 r with Jones and lost in the 1st to Manuwa", is not the best way to analyze how difficult divisions are, don´t you think?
Why not? I'm not saying Manuwa beats Jon Jones. Simply pointing out that Jon Jones didn't dismantle a short replacement OSP in 1 round whereas Manuwa (ranked 8 at the time) did it impressively. Of course, if Jones fought Manuwa, maybe Jones'll dominate. I don't like MMath either but I'm not making predictions. Simply pointing out how tough that division is.

To be honest i disagreed with most of your choices.

Almost left thread thinking whateverr ts

Great slap down on
Colin at the end there.
10/10

Looking at the lists above, the top five in every weight class looks beastly. I expected to come in and see lists like "155... and then everyone else" but I was obviously wrong.

LHW is the weak link obviously. Big time. But damn the other weight classes all look to be in pretty good shape moving forward. I'm impressed.

Why not? I'm not saying Manuwa beats Jon Jones. Simply pointing out that Jon Jones didn't dismantle a short replacement OSP in 1 round whereas Manuwa (ranked 8 at the time) did it impressively. Of course, if Jones fought Manuwa, maybe Jones'll dominate. I don't like MMath either but I'm not making predictions. Simply pointing out how tough that division is.
Excellent, we agree on that, it is a hellava tough division. I never said otherwise, I just think the other division´s top 5 are tougher. What´s the problem?

To be honest i disagreed with most of your choices.

Almost left thread thinking whateverr ts

Great slap down on
Colin at the end there.
10/10
But man, why would you leave just because you disagree with my choices? I mean, do we all have to agree on everything? Can´t we have different opinions and still discuss a topic? So tell me your opinion, what is the toughest and least tough of them?

Excellent, we agree on that, it is a hellava tough division. I never said otherwise, I just think the other division´s top 5 are tougher. What´s the problem?
There's none. Just different opinions. I simply made a case that LHW isn't the least difficult division. Prob top 2.

Looking at the lists above, the top five in every weight class looks beastly. I expected to come in and see lists like "155... and then everyone else" but I was obviously wrong.

LHW is the weak link obviously. Big time. But damn the other weight classes all look to be in pretty good shape moving forward. I'm impressed.
Exactly. Somehow many divisions got pretty stacked recently without so many people paying attention to it.... it´s like you said, MW seems to be more on the spotlight these days, but look at all the others..... WW, BW, HW.... Just crazy how many good fights we can get ahead of us.

good list but lineker why is this guy so overrated..? if anyone beats dom its TJ

There's none. Just different opinions. I simply made a case that LHW isn't the least difficult division. Prob top 2.
Yeah, it´s a very tough division. But I put it there just because the 2 top guys DC and Johnson are way ahead of the other 3 guys, that´s all.

good list but lineker why is this guy so overrated..? if anyone beats dom its TJ
I see it this way: you put a guy like Lineker with incredible chin, heart and power inside the octagon with a guy like Dom without punch at all, and it´s a terrible match up for Dom. Dodson had the KO power and despite hitting Lineker with everything he had, Lineker just shook his head and kept coming forward.... Lineker was able to hit a fast, athletic, elusive Dodson a hundred times.... So, no matter how great Dom´s footwork is (and it really is), Lineker is gonna land on him hard, just like he landed on Dodson. And that Dom 5 round point fighting against Lineker is gonna get him killed in there... Dom will have to run for 5 rounds like Dodson if he wants to survive. It´s literally the worst case scenario for Dom.

I see it this way: you put a guy like Lineker with incredible chin, heart and power inside the octagon with a guy like Dom without punch at all, and it´s a terrible match up for Dom. Dodson had the KO power and despite hitting Lineker with everything he had, Lineker just shook his head and kept coming forward.... Lineker was able to hit a fast, athletic, elusive Dodson a hundred times.... So, no matter how great Dom´s footwork is (and it really is), Lineker is gonna land on him hard, just like he landed on Dodson. And that Dom 5 round point fighting against Lineker is gonna get him killed in there... Dom will have to run for 5 rounds like Dodson if he wants to survive. It´s literally the worst case scenario for Dom.

I'd be surprised if Lineker beats Dom

Lineker is 5 foot 2 and Dom is 5 foot 7, and with Dom's elusiveness Lineker isn't going to get near him, factor in that Dom can and probably will put him on his back whenever he feels like it and it's gonna be a long night for Lineker

think about how, yeah he hit Dodson a lot but he also missed a lot of shots and spent a lot of time chasing Dodson, and still only came out with a split decision at the end, now he's fighting someone who will literally look a weight class above him, with better striking, harder to hit, and better wrestling

Dom 50-45

Back