Which fighters' rankings do you have low confidence in?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Not a hate thread since the first guy I will mention I actually like, but whose name when you see them on the rankings do you wonder if they really belong that high or have much chance of staying there for long?

My first mention will be Cerrone, he has great skills, very well rounded and yes Story and Cote are good wins... but at number 6, I still can't help but wonder if he belongs that high or if his size just hasn't caught up with him yet. However if he beats Kelvin then I will accept size isn't a big issue for him and that he really is like the Edgar/Tate of WW, a little (I mean he's tall, but weight wise) elite ass kicker at WW.

Second mention will be Pena who is ranked 5 after a win over Cat coming off a long layoff where Cat was winning clearly until she slowed down, I have heavy doubts whether she is really better than McMann or Davis for example. Don't hate her or anything though (since she seems pretty hated here) and wouldn't be too surprised if she could beat Shevchenko who is higher ranked or even Nunes via cardio.

Third is probably less controversial, Vitor having quick losses in 3 of his last 4 is starting to look like Hendo back when he was still ranked top 5 at LHW and got dominated by Cormier ie. not actually able to hang with top guys anymore and only ranked highly based on his name (ironically, his one recent win is over... Hendo). Could be wrong here too though, maybe he just needs to kick Luke in the face again and gain his mojo back lol.

Who do you suspect might not be as good as their ranking suggests?

Caraway - Although I think he's underrated by a lot of people, I could see him being beaten by Faber, Garbrandt, possibly Sterling in a rematch, Dodson, and McDonald. All fighters ranked lower than him.

#1 sounds like a ranking to me, haha
Well the other rankings you get by people voting you up basically, the championship you get by punching out (or submitting or decisioning) the current champion and bypass the vote lol

JDS after his second loss to Cain and even more after the Overeem fight. I don`t know if i can trust him like before to run through everyone.

Fight Metrix their rankings suck. I know that's not what this thread is about but needed to get this off my chest.

Everyone except Shogun

Shogun did beat Corey, who was ranked top 10, and some have Lil Nog ranked in there as well.

Agreed with Bisping.

I don't agree with the whole "you beat number 1, so go ahead and get your leap frog on".

I think the reason for someone like Cerrone having a ranking that fluctuates up and down a fair bit is because he often loses fights due to style matchups, there are very specific types of fighters he likes to fight, and very specific ones he struggles with. anyone in that mold probably has an unstable ranking with peaks and lows.

Bisping doesn't have a ranking. He's the champion.

tumblr_m5t7b6J2lB1rvjt2vo1_500.gif

Khabib. The guy has 2 wins In 3 years, And I don't really see who he beat to be ranked 4 by Sherdog?

Khabib. The guy has 2 wins In 3 years, And I don't really see who he beat to be ranked 4 by Sherdog?

He beat RDA and when RDA became champion, it boosted his rep by proxy. lol

Bisping doesn't have a ranking. He's the champion.

tumblr_m5t7b6J2lB1rvjt2vo1_500.gif
I've been watching MMA longer than UFC started ranking fighters, the champion is ranked #1 as far as I'm concerned... The current system actually makes no sense, and no other sport does it the same way the UFC does.

Back