Let's be honest: does anyone think Rousey would stand a chance againt Cyborg?

Ancuetas

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I am curious, since the Rousey hype train has been completely destroyed by Rousey's crushing loss against Holms,where she looked like an amateur.

Cyborg is much more powerful, has much better striking, is bjj black belt and would beat up Rousey standing as well as on the ground.

I don't see anything in Rousey's extremely overrated game that would make her stand a chance to win against Cyborg. This hypothetical fight is completely unbalanced and would be likely to end up in a complete beating.

That's why Rousey will never agree to fight Cyborg eventough she had lost the belt excuse. Notice how she comes back to fight Nunes and not Holms who crushed her. All this talk about Cyborg needing to lose 4 pounds when Rousey can easily fight 140/145 is just a lame attemp to divert the attention.

Napoleon-Dynamite-GIF-Slap-fight.gif

I think that Cyborg beats RR 9 times out of 10. Better striking, and physically much stronger than all of Ronda's previous opponents.

Cyborg looks unbeatable, but let's keep in mind she hasn't fought anyone worth a damn. Rousey would destroy every single one of her opponents. Rousey was looking pretty unbeatable herself until she ran into Holly.

It's a very winnable fight for both of them. Cyborg is dangerous to Rousey but Ronda is very dangerous to Cyborg as well.

Regardless of which weight they fight at, Cyborg is a very well rounded mixed martial artist while Ronda is a judoka. I would favor Cyborg even at 135, should she ever be able to make it.

I see the fight being pretty competitive but I've always thought Cyborg gets the W.
RR has the grappling to stay out of the clinch and take Cyborg for a ride which would nullify some of the striking distance.
I think that's her path to victory, stay close but out of the clinch...that being said she might get fucking flattened by a knee or short inside shots if the fight doesn't hit the mat real quick and she can secure a good position on the ground.

Cyborg would finish it in the first round. Total beatdown. Ronda has nothing for Cyborg IMO.

Ronda would take her arm, and finally end that ridiculous hype behind her.

You don't often see middleweights challenging bantamweights

Sexists such as myself don't care about how fistfights between women would go down.

Ronda would submit her in 1st round. When you fight bums from countryside, you always look unbeatable.

Yes only a fool would not.

This is a battle of elite strength against elite strength.

Ronda has proven to date to be a near unstoppable beast when her opponent fights into her strength and tries to bullrush her or over whelm her or cannot keep Ronda from the clinch.

Cyborg has proven to be a near unstoppable beast when she bullrushes and clinches her opponents and can bully them from the clinch.

So to not see why this matchup is intriguing and not a slam dunk for either would make someone dumb.

I favour Cyborg if the fight takes place above 135lbs as I think she needs the extra size to keep Ronda from dictating the fight and I favour Ronda at 135lbs.

Rhonda would have nothing.
Cyborg is too beast in the clinch to get in a bad Judo postion.

The bombs Rhonda would eat going in and exiting would be devastaing.

Would love to see that shit especially after the media tsunami of god-like abilities Rhonda posses.....

at 135 i would take ronda

then again, cyroid is too scurred to fight at 135

I am curious, since the Rousey hype train has been completely destroyed by Rousey's crushing loss against Holms,where she looked like an amateur.

Cyborg is much more powerful, has much better striking, is bjj black belt and would beat up Rousey standing as well as on the ground.

I don't see anything in Rousey's extremely overrated game that would make her stand a chance to win against Cyborg. This hypothetical fight is completely unbalanced and would be likely to end up in a complete beating.

That's why Rousey will never agree to fight Cyborg eventough she had lost the belt excuse. Notice how she comes back to fight Nunes and not Holms who crushed her. All this talk about Cyborg needing to lose 4 pounds when Rousey can easily fight 140/145 is just a lame attemp to divert the attention.

That would be dumb to think Honda doesn't stand "a chance" against Cyborg.

She's the best FMMA fighter we've seen.

Cyborg has done very well, but outside of Marloes and Gina, her resume is filled with "who is that chick".

Cyborg's ground game isn't that great. The first time we saw her on her back, Gina was able to crawl all over her.

Cris can land bombs but that's still a puncher's chance.

Not just a chance but seeing as a puncher's chance is about 35% in a fight, the probability is that Honda wins.

Back