Is Ronda vs Cyborg one of the biggest duck-jobs in MMA?

blacknblue104

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Ronda, the UFC and everyone else in MMA knows that Cyborg will never make 135 pounds.. everyone involved in MMA who's ever been around her or has trained with her all say that she'll never be able to make that weight class.

It's like the entire world forgot that Ronda used to fight at 145 along with the fact that she has a weight advantage over almost every 135'er she has ever fought. She's used a dozen different excuses to stop this fight from being made- Cyborg not being in the UFC, Cyborg losing to Baers in kickboxing, Cyborg being on PED's, Cyborg not moving down from 145...

Fast forward to the present- Cyborg is in the UFC, Ronda just got KO'd by a former kickboxer, Cyborg is on USADA testing, and Cyborg has moved to 140 pounds. The fight still hasn't happened LOL.

The worst part is how much Ronda runs her mouth about Cyborg when she doesn't even have the balls to move up 5 pounds for a 140 pound catchweight. She feels safe talking because the UFC has her back and will never push for that fight to happen unless it's on her terms.

In reality this is a major duck job, Ronda will never fight Cyborg unless she's the only viable option left. Rousey will continue to run her mouth like she wants the fight though.

If you wanna fight, make the weight.

Even Cyborg's boyfriend duck Cyborg so obviously Ronda will do the same.

Cyborg has been ducking Rousey for ages. I agree.

No, it's one of the dumbest, most played-out subjects on Sherdog.

Cyborg only started fighting in the UFC after Ronda's hiatus?

Cyborg's resume is most comparable to Khabib's so even if Ronda WAS ducking, you should only obsess about it if you also obsess over anyone seeming to 'duck' Khabib... the fixation over this barely tested fighter as if she's a proven worldbeater is just nutty.

Cyborg is the one who ducked her and remained irrelevant and broke in a weight class no one cared about for years.

just give me the two of them and i'll turn it into the biggest tugjob in mma

absolutely.

shogun and glover is up there too, though.

Cyborg won 2 fights and had the opportunity to call out RRR but didn't.

Make the weight and get the fight.

I didn't know brazilians already have internet.

Ronda ducking Cyborg is definitily up there with Tito ducking Liddell. But they eventually fought. The outcome won't be nice to Ronda. I'm genuinely scared for her.

Back