Why did they cut Tamdan Mccory?

Ol'Ironhead

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seems odd they would cut Tamdan and not someone like Jessica Eye... I honestly wonder if they cut him just because of his physical appearance, with his baldness and the way he doesn't shave it off completely; which makes him just look sort of ugly? I'm honestly starting to feel they're cutting fighters nowadays just because they might be deemed as "unattractive" which is pretty unbelievable.

yd1Vvyq.jpg

Because he refused to cut the pubic hair on his head

Last edited:
I wouldn't doubt his hair had something to do. With it.. Good god that was bad.

Seems odd they would cut Tamdan and not someone like Jessica Eye... I honestly wonder if they cut him just because of his physical appearance, with his baldness and the way he doesn't shave it off completely; which makes him just look sort of ugly? I'm honestly starting to feel they're cutting fighters nowadays just because they might be deemed as "unattractive" which is pretty unbelievable.
So they cut him because hes unattractive lol ? Im sure it was because hes ugly and nothing to do with him getting kod into oblivion in his last 2 fights.

He did look silly, but he was a good fighter. I think they cut him because he lost 2 in a row and got KOed by Marquardt though.

Did you expect any different from Dana White and co? Like a good barn cat, Tamdan caught all the rats in the barn and Dana rewarded him, not with a bowl of milk, but with a pink slip.

does it seem odd that one weight class you listed is pretty deep and the other one isn't at all????

I thought the cut was maybe 1 fight too early. He's coming off of two bad ko's but they should've let him rehab and get one more chance against a less heralded MW than Marquardt. They even cut a hometown video package on him for his last fight, ffs.

Wish they would have gave him one more chance. Hes a pretty good fighter.

He had a 3 fight contract with UFC and he had 3 fights and went 1-2, so I imagine they didn't actually cut him, but they decided not to give him another contract. I'm not sure why but I guess his last 2 fights he got knocked out brutally.

I'm sure Barncat is probably someone's uncle with that baldness going on, but he wasn't UFC caliber imo. I don't know why this guy is so beloved on here, maybe it's his nickname, but I never saw anything too special. He was a big mw with an average skillset and that's it. I think he was better suited in Bellator where he can fight guys like Ward and etc. I think they probably hire him back, their mw landscape needs all the players they can get.

it's kinda funny/sad before his last fight that they had a big vignette of him/his gf talking about how happy he was to be back in the UFC and it made all the hard work and sacrifice worthwhile... and now they cut him

he was doing well before he 'just got caught' and brutally KTFO'd in those fights, he shouldn't have been cut IMO

He had a 3 fight contract with UFC and he had 3 fights and went 1-2, so I imagine they didn't actually cut him, but they decided not to give him another contract. I'm not sure why but I guess his last 2 fights he got knocked out brutally.

I'm surprised they didn't at least offer him 8k/8k for 3 more fights

He lost twice...badly. This is his 2nd run with the UFC, and he's obviously not up to speed with one of the best & deepest divisions. The Jessica Eye comment is almost too stupid to respond to...there are like 6-8 legit people in her division. Once some new prospects are signed and proven, she will probably be forced to move on as well...but that was a bad comparison (apples and grapples).

Back