Outside GSP,Hughes,Lawler and Johny,no one in WW history has better resume than Woodley(170lbs only)

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Talking strictly what theyve accomplished at 170lbs. Woodley has a damn good resume

Lawler (KO)
Condit (TKO)
Kelvin
Kos (KO)
DHK (TKO)
Hieron (KO)
Saffiedine
Daley
Mein

is a damn fine resume (also finished Galvao in less than 2 minutes)

Condit's best wins - Diaz (controversial decision), Trigg (sub), Ellenberger (controversial decision), teenage Hory (TKO), DHK (TKO), Hardy (KO), Alves (TKO), Kampmann (TKO)

Diaz's best wins - BJ, Daley (TKO), Zaromskis (TKO), Lawler w/ hair (KO), 9-7-5 pre UFC Lytle, Cyborg (sub), ghost of Mach (sub)

Fitch's best wins - Alvesx2, Diego, Pierce, Burkman, Gono, Thiago, Saunders, Wilson, Erick, ghost of Yushin

Shields' best wins - Woodley (controversial decision), Demian (controversial decision), Kampmann (controversial decision), pre NBK Condit, Daley (sub), Mach, Okami (controversial decision), Menne, Pyle (sub), Kikuchi. He beat Lawler @ 185 BTW

some will argue for Shields but guys like Condit, Kikuchi, Menne and Pyle werent relevant WWs when he beat them (Condit got choked out by fucking Pat Healy right after Shields). Outside of Mach who he clearly beat all his best wins are controversial/he didnt display any dominance (Woodley, Demian, Kampmann, Okami)

BJ's best wins - Hughesx2(sub and TKO).......(lul)

Hory's best wins - Mein (TKO), Pyle (TKO), Nate, BJ, Ellenberger, Demian, Woodley, Tarec (TKO)

dont think anyone else is in the convo lul, guys like Mach, Kos, Sherk, Miletich etc. have weaksauce resumes @ 170

Such a shame how much this brotha gets hated on. #blackexcellence

UFC-201-Tyron-Woodley-Backstage-Interview_600721_TwitterPlayerCardImage.jpg

Gets ktfo by marquardt and complains that the UFC used the replay to sell Nate's last fight.

Gets ktfo by marquardt and complains that the UFC used the replay to sell Nate's last fight.

He was right to complain about that. UFC doesnt do that to any other champions

They had a gureat opportunity to use Struve VS Stipe for Stefans last fight and they didnt. Its not even like Nate was the main event of the card, dude was on Fight Pass (and UFC almost never promotes Fight Pass fighters like that on social media) and they went out of their way to put that fight. Its definitely not something they do to other champions which makes it fishy (outside of like Hendo/Bisping which is only b/c the 1st fight is so integral to the hematch and OFC it is a hematch unlike Nate fighting Barn Cat)

Funny how you try to discredit everyone elses resumes by including controversial losses and what not but don't do the same to Woodley. The Kelvin fight was pretty awful and could have gone either way, the Condit fight ended via injury so it's not like that was some crazy impressive win from Woodley.

Sheild's resume is more impressive imo, especially since he beat Woodley.

Jake Shields is above him and beat him.No.3 WW of all time.

He was right to complain about that. UFC doesnt do that to any other champions

They had a gureat opportunity to use Struve VS Stipe for Stefans last fight and they didnt. Its not even like Nate was the main event of the card, dude was on Fight Pass (and UFC almost never promotes Fight Pass fighters like that on social media) and they went out of their way to put that fight. Its definitely not something they do to other champions which makes it fishy (outside of like Hendo/Bisping which is only b/c the 1st fight is so integral to the hematch and OFC it is a hematch unlike Nate fighting Barn Cat)

Lol what? They show champs getting knocked out all the time.

What did Dana white say about Gsp after the Hendricks fight? How about Aldo when he got injured before the mcgregor fight? The UFC doesn't give a fuck about their champs.

Outside of winningg a title I think Rory Macdonald, Ellenberger, wonderboy, Condit, Jake Shields have accomplished more than woodley

My problem with Woodely isn't that he's black. He just seems like a whiney scheemer. He's as much of a politician as fighter.

Funny how you try to discredit everyone elses resumes by including controversial losses and what not but don't do the same to Woodley. The Kelvin fight was pretty awful and could have gone either way, the Condit fight ended via injury so it's not like that was some crazy impressive win from Woodley.

Sheild's resume is more impressive imo, especially since he beat Woodley.

Almost everyone scored that fight for Tyron. He finished Condit as was dominating beforehand

the scoring for Tyron/Shields was split in half, same with Demian. Which controversial decision am i exactly wrong about? I didnt post any for Nick, Hory or Fitchs wins b/c they didnt have any.....

Lol what? They show champs getting knocked out all the time.

While theyre champion? Give me some examples........

Funny how you try to discredit everyone elses resumes by including controversial losses and what not but don't do the same to Woodley.

Yes, there're some mental gymnastics going on in the OP.

I say there's no need to make bold pronouncements. The guy is champ. He beat Lawler, which is amazing. No need to go beyond that just yet. If he beats Wonderboy he's gonna have some serious respect. image.jpeg

Lawler (Shopworn)
Condit (Condit has proven to be on the back 9)
Kelvin (Controversial decision over a sick fighter in bad shape)
Kos (Old and done)
DHK (Never beaten a contender)
Hieron (Once lost to Goulet hahaha)
Saffiedine (Meh)
Daley (Easy to gameplan)
Mein (split decision over middling fighter)

See how easy that was?

Almost everyone scored that fight for Tyron. He finished Condit as was dominating beforehand

the scoring for Tyron/Shields was split in half, same with Demian. Which controversial decision am i exactly wrong about? I didnt post any for Nick, Hory or Fitchs wins b/c they didnt have any.....

While theyre champion? Give me some examples........

Controversial decision or not it's still a win, it still shows that the fighter did enough to win the fight. Imo that doesn't discredit a win or someones resumes. Shields is still more impressive, he engaged in a grappling match with Demian Maia and came out the victor in MMA, he beat the guy who you're claiming to have the best record in the division, plus so much other shit, you just want to cherry pick his record to make it seem less impressive than it really is (you can do that with any fighter).

As for champion being Ko'd on highlights, a recent example is Aldo whose still a champ being shown on McGregors highlight real. Get off Woodley's jock, it's turning you into a delusional dummy.

Controversial decision or not it's still a win, it still shows that the fighter did enough to win the fight. Imo that doesn't discredit a win on someones resumes. Shields is still more impressive, he engaged in a grappling match with Demian Maia and came out the victor in MMA, he beat the guy who you're claiming to have the best record in the division, plus so much other shit, you just want to cherry pick his record to make it seem less impressive than it really is (you can do that with any fighter).

As for champion being Ko'd on highlights, a recent example is Aldo whose still a champ being shown on McGregors highlight real. Get off Woodley's jock, it's turning you into a delusional dummy.

No it shows fighter did enough to have two judges score the fight for them. This is the difference between a controversial decision and one not

QqCxQA3.png

Aldo isnt a current champ, Interim belts dont count. Sorry, theyre using that KO to market the current champ (Conor)

Disjointed thoughts:

I like "ghost of" and "Lawler with hair."

Shields' resume looks better to me.

Yes, Woodley gets too much hate.

Yes, there're some mental gymnastics going on in the OP.

I say there's no need to make bold pronouncements. The guy is champ. He beat Lawler, which is amazing. No need to go beyond that just yet. If he beats Wonderboy he's gonna have some serious respect. View attachment 157797
If he can beat Thomson and Maia he will solidify himself as the current best WW in the world

Disjointed thoughts:

I like "ghost of" and "Lawler with hair."

Shields' resume looks better to me.

Yes, Woodley gets too much hate.

I don't even hate the guy tbh, I think he's had some good fights and his KO win over Lawler was super impressive, but TS is dick riding too hard here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back