If Bisping fights at 206 against GSP (still only a rumor), is that the toughest 4 fight series ever?

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
As it has been discussed in that other thread (http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/bisping-to-gsp-sign-the-papers-buddy.3375559/) about Bisping possibly fighting GSP at UFC 206 in Toronto, his 2016 could be the wildest I've ever seen.

Bisping fought and beat Anderson Silva on Feb 27, 2016 in London, winning by controversial unanimous decision. Regardless of how you feel the fight went, he was awarded the decision and a title shot.

Then, Bisping fought a rematch with Luke Rockhold for the MW belt at UFC 199 on June 4th, 2016, winning that fight by first round KO.

After that, we know Bisping fought Dan Henderson at UFC 204 on October 8th, 2016, winning that fight by unanimous decision. Again, it doesn't matter what you or I thought about the judges' decision, as he won the decision and kept his belt.

Finally, the RUMOR, and I can't stress enough that it's still a rumor, is that Georges St-Pierre would fight for the MW belt against Bisping at UFC 206 in Toronto on December 10, 2016.

In 2016, Michael Bisping may have fought the following:
Anderson Silva
Luke Rockhold (Champion)
Dan Henderson
Georges St-Pierre

Can you think of a harder murderer's row a fighter has gone through in a calendar year? Look past the fact that Hendo was 13th ranked and about 170 years old during the fight, it's still Dan Henderson. You know, the guy that people tend to have in their top 10 all-time P4P lists? That's three P4P all-time top ten guys and Luke Rockhold.

According to fightmatrix, Silva is the #1 all-time MW, Rockhold is the #3 all-time MW, Henderson is the #4 all-time MW and #9 all-time LHW, and GSP is the #1 all-time WW.

If that fight materializes and he wins that fight, then he's obviously the fighter of the year, right?

For sure. It's crazy to say but if that happens Bisping is going down in history.

only one was was even in his prime...
giphy.gif

Impressive for sure, but two are old and one is lighter and coming out of retirement. Still, yes it's impressive.

Sure, I guess. You just gotta' ignore the circumstances surrounding each fighter when he fought/fights them.

His win over Luke Rockhold was legit and great. Anderson Silva was damaged goods and so was Dan Henderson. GSP hasn't fought in 3 years.... and is a 170lber champion.

I don't think so. Just cause Andy & Hendo are washed, then we aren't sure how GSP will look. & I say that as a fan of Mike. But I do think it would be the most epic run :p

Just due to his story & the crazy name value on those guys. All champions.

A guy with a broken leg, a model, a granddad and a WW? Don't think so brah.

I'm a Bisping fan, and I'd have to say no. Silva and Henderson are both shadows of the fighters they were, sure both are still dangerous, and I honestly think Bisping could have beaten Silva years ago, but he didn't. And in honesty, we don't know how GSP would be after such a long lay off, or how he would be at MW. It's impressive in terms of name value yes, but not the toughest 4 fights ever.

How is this rumor even being taken seriously? Do you guys not realize Bisping got FUCKED UP in his last fight and has a 6 month medical suspension?

Well he should have lost the Silva fight and Hendo was a draw so no.

2 are washed up and one hasn't even been confirmed. I'm going with no.

Shogun > Rampage, Nog. Overeem & Arona

On the same night...is this really a question? lol
{<jordan}

Last edited by a moderator:

Shogun > Rampage, Nog, Overeem, Arona.

The most impressive feat in MMA history bar none.

not impressive, its a 46 year old man, an over the hill former champion thats already lost 2 and NCed nate diaz, and rockhold a middle of the road mw.

also, no way in hell gsp loses. hendo almost beat bisping and hes 46. gsp would crush.

only one was was even in his prime...
giphy.gif
You say prime but the jurys still out on Rockhold post USADA. If he looks like shit vs Jacare there will be major red flags, especially after that performance vs Bisping.

Hendo just took bisping out of competition for 6 months

Jon Jones 2011 and Shogun 2005 deserve mention.

IMO Bisping's year has been breathtaking already. He defeated arguably the greatest MW ever. He knocked out the MW champion and in doing so avenged a brutal loss. He defeated his archnemesis and avenged the loss that defined his career. All that after suffering a horrific eye injury and fighting proven cheaters for years.

I wonder if the constant attempts to belittle his achievements would also occur if Bisping was not Bisping.

A guy with a broken leg, a model, a granddad and a WW? Don't think so brah.
Silva's leg wasn't broken during that fight & that model just became a model...

How is this rumor even being taken seriously? Do you guys not realize Bisping got FUCKED UP in his last fight and has a 6 month medical suspension?
Medical suspensions get reduced or removed early all the time. Jones had a 6 monther after 197 yet was going to fight at 200.

Well he should have lost the Silva fight and Hendo was a draw so no.
<{cruzshake}>

and rockhold a middle of the road mw.
Middle of the road? lol. He lost one fight...which was to Bisping who he has beaten once. He has three losses overall. One back when he was green then the other to a roided out freak. He really only has one super legit loss & finishes most of the people he fights.

Shogun > Rampage, Nog, Overeem, Arona.

{<jordan}

Shogun es una puta leyenda de esta madre

Back