Why the problem with Cruz?

Afroken

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Ok I just want to know what's the problem with Cruz fighting a new contender?

Why do people wanna see Dillishaw vs Cruz again? What has Dillishaw done to bring interest to this rematch?

I always find it more interesting when a fighter truely earns their rematch. Old example being Tito earning his title shot against chuck by going on a win streak building up hype to the rematch. Or more recently Aldo shutting down Frankie made him really deserve his rematch with Conor. Also Rumble after losing to Cormier went on a killing spree. How is Tj beating a guy who's been injured for years worth a rematch?

images

Because Dillashaw fought a close fight(decision could have gone either way). He could have deservingly got an immediate rematch but nevertheless he went ahead and fought another contender and beat him in convincing fashion.

Personally I don't mind the Garbrandt fight. Cody also deserves a shot and it's not like Dillashaw is retiring anytime soon. He will obviously get another shot at the title eventually.

I agree its the right move. No snakes will be slithering into a title shot.

I don't have a problem with it, I just believe that TJ has a more legitimate title shot. Cruz vs Cody will still be fun.

Cody doesn't deserve the titleshot, but I'd rather see Cruz - Gabrandt than Cruz - Silly Dilly 2.

Too soon for a rematch IMO.

Because Dillashaw fought a close fight(decision could have gone either way). He could have deservingly got an immediate rematch but nevertheless he went ahead and fought another contender and beat him in convincing fashion.

Personally I don't mind the Garbrandt fight. Cody also deserves a shot and it's not like Dillashaw is retiring anytime soon. He will obviously get another shot at the title eventually.

This.

Also Garbrandt is jumping from a good win over a top 15 guy in Mizugaki, straight to the champion, it would have been ideal to see him fight a Rivera or Linekar in the meantime and have Cruz/Dillashaw rematch.

TJ won the 1st and Cruise fangirls think TJ will finish him next time. So they claim he doesn't deserve it.

Nobody at BW has a compelling argument for a title shot. T.J. only has one win since losing the belt, Cody hasn't beaten anyone significant, and Lineker hasn't proven that he can be trusted to make weight. Because nobody is the clear number 1, I'd be fine with any of them getting the shot.

I have no problem with Cruz fighting Garbrant, the kid has looked impressive it's nice to see a fresh face move in and get his shot. There is no rush for a Dillashaw rematch with Cruz plenty of time in their careers left. If Cruz wins give TJ the next shot, if Cruz loses, give TJ a title shot or rematch with Cruz to see who gets the title shot. Plenty of options here, none of these guys are old, sit back and relax and watch how it plays out and stop whining about it.

Lineker could possibly be fighting Cruz, but he has a case of the dumbasses. Give the guy 10 pounds, and he still cant hit the mark. Im ok with Cody. The ufc has been promoting him some and he does have a chance to win in the first 2 rounds. Not sure if Dom can put him on his back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back