McGregor still hasn't proved much...

AllAlong87

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
...in terms of being an elite fighter. Look at his last 6 fights.

Diaz 2: won a close decision against a pretty beatable fighter

Diaz 1: lost against a pretty beatable fighter

Aldo: scored a one punch knockout, but didn't demonstrate that he can command a match against elite competition with a variety of skills. (and yes, he COULD HAVE demonstrated this if he didn't knock Aldo out, but that doesn't change the fact that he STILL didn't demonstrate that the rest of his skill set is elite).

Mendes: made poor decisions and won basically only because of his power and Mendes lack of conditioning

Siver: beat a decent but pretty beatable fighter

Poirier: beat a decent but pretty beatable fighter

I'm a McGregor fanboy, but to me, it's undeniable that he has to win this fight to prove he is an elite fighter. The Aldo fight proved that his power is superior to guys in/near that weight class. The Diaz fights proved that he is a very good fighter. But what has he done to prove that he's elite? Not much at all...

200.gif

not bad for a white belt

I think he's proven opposite of elite. Poor Cardio, like a fish out of water on the ground, lack of heart...

He has good numbers (PPV and some wins) but just a matter of time before he settles into mediocrity. If he doesnt retire after 205 that is

Agreed Conor hasn't looked great to me and the Diaz fights proved it. I sincerely doubted his conditioning after the Mendes fight and the Aldo fight is really his only great win, but is unlikely to end that quick again.

He has a lot to prove and I think Alvarez beats him fairly easily

The second Diaz fight proved he could make the necessary adjustments, and stay disciplined enough to implement them, against a truly terrible style matchup against a guy who already proved he could beat McGregor.

If that's not a sign of greatness, I'm not sure what is. And I've been skeptical of McGregor since day 1. In fact, except for the first Diaz fight, I've picked him to lose his last 4 fights, and only picked him against Diaz the first time because Diaz was coming in on barely a week's notice.

You can critise anyones wins.

Remember when Jon Jones defended the title against multiple former champions. Some said it proved he was the GOAT. But there was still critics saying that they where old and past their best.

I agree that Conor isn't this P4P great but i really don't care. The hate for him has gotten obsessive and a little funny at this point.

He is not running over people like Prime Anderson Silva. I agree. His fights are very fun to watch though.

...in terms of being an elite fighter. Look at his last 6 fights.

Diaz 2: won a close decision against a pretty beatable fighter

Diaz 1: lost against a pretty beatable fighter

Aldo: scored a one punch knockout, but didn't demonstrate that he can command a match against elite competition with a variety of skills. (and yes, he COULD HAVE demonstrated this if he didn't knock Aldo out, but that doesn't change the fact that he STILL didn't demonstrate that the rest of his skill set is elite).

Mendes: made poor decisions and won basically only because of his power and Mendes lack of conditioning

Siver: beat a decent but pretty beatable fighter

Poirier: beat a decent but pretty beatable fighter

I'm a McGregor fanboy, but to me, it's undeniable that he has to win this fight to prove he is an elite fighter. The Aldo fight proved that his power is superior to guys in/near that weight class. The Diaz fights proved that he is a very good fighter. But what has he done to prove that he's elite? Not much at all...
This is fair.

The judgment goes in your favour sir.

He could KO prime Fedor and you would still be saying the same thing.

KOing Aldo in under 13 seconds was more than enough to convince me.

Against Aldo: Won too fast
Against Mendes: Didn't win fast enough
The rest: Are beatable because he beat them

Problem is Eddie is probably the most winnable fight for him at 155.. With Eddie being a manlet himself..

Conor has been quite lucky so far..

13 seconds.

Get the fook out of here.

He's shown he's mentally stronger than he seemed in the first Diaz fight, true. But elite? I think it would be silly to call him that without evidence. He's a good fighter with a stellar left hand and great timing and even great fight intelligence.

But I don't believe he beats the Aldo that showed up for Frankie, and I don't believe he beats Eddie UNLESS Eddie is dumb enough to be macho enough to stand with Conor long enough to be surprised by a well timed left that takes him out of the fight just when he's preparing to go in.

The second Diaz fight proved he could make the necessary adjustments, and stay disciplined enough to implement them, against a truly terrible style matchup against a guy who already proved he could beat McGregor.

If that's not a sign of greatness, I'm not sure what is. And I've been skeptical of McGregor since day 1. In fact, except for the first Diaz fight, I've picked him to lose his last 4 fights, and only picked him against Diaz the first time because Diaz was coming in on barely a week's notice.
Conor is one of the best strikers in MMA fighting a man who cant take my sister down. Hardly the worst style matchup for him. Yeah nate has reach advantage but he's slower. Either way fight takes place where Conor wants it unlike if he ever faces some of the wrestlers. Keep betting against him when that happens.

Problem is Eddie is probably the most winnable fight for him at 155.. With Eddie being a manlet himself..

Conor has been quite lucky so far..

Def one of them, yes. And I still think I'd have to put odds on Eddie since he can take him down at any time and make life super difficult for him. Plus Eddie hits hard enough to KO Conor if Nate can stumble him, so......

Even his easy 155 fights won't be easy.

But Conor is the best at the overall game, which is entering the sport to make cash. Conor is the best at that and when he retires, his grandchildren won't be mad that he wasn't the best at 155.

In their Ferraris.

not bad for a white belt

I think he's proven opposite of elite. Poor Cardio, like a fish out of water on the ground, lack of heart...

He has good numbers (PPV and some wins) but just a matter of time before he settles into mediocrity. If he doesnt retire after 205 that is

You`re what they call a "hater".

Back