Michael Chandler (who beat eddie) talks Conor vs. Eddie with Chael

ironball

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Interesting take, chandler seems like a cool guy and has the best perspective obviously as he's fought Eddie

Whiny Eddie Face Down Ass Up No Belt

Didn't listen to it but I'm guessing he'll say Eddie is going to win so he would beat Conor by MMA math

I still don't understand how Chandler isn't in the UFC by now.

I still don't understand how Chandler isn't in the UFC by now.
He's smart and realized he'll make much more money in Bellator in the long run then risk restarting in the UFC. I'm sure Eddie is happy but more often then not it doesn't work out. Will Brooks is the biggest showcase of this but I guess it seemed like Bellator didn't give him respect anyways

He's smart and realized he'll make much more money in Bellator in the long run then risk restarting in the UFC. I'm sure Eddie is happy but more often then not it doesn't work out. Will Brooks is the biggest showcase of this but I guess it seemed like Bellator didn't give him respect anyways
The fighters are starting to threaten the UFC so they will start to get paid if they scream for it. If Chandler was really smart, he'd come to the UFC, fight the best of the best, possibly become world champ in the UFC, and demand for big money fights.

The fighters are starting to threaten the UFC so they will start to get paid if they scream for it. If Chandler was really smart, he'd come to the UFC, fight the best of the best, possibly become world champ in the UFC, and demand for big money fights.
The UFC still doesn't give merit to anyone outside of the UFC. Eddie was a monster outside the UFC and still was set to prove himself. Even if he beat Cerrone I'm pretty sure that he would still need to fight as many fights as he did. Will Brookes for instance was dominant in Bellator and given Pearson who is a gatekeeper at best but maybe that was meant to be a showcase but even looking in the past Benson was treated like a up and comer even though he smashing people but lost to Pettis. The only real time I can think of the UFC giving credit for past accomplishments outside of the UFC was when Jake Shields squeaked by and arguable lost to Martin Kampman and got a title shot.

The UFC still doesn't give merit to anyone outside of the UFC. Eddie was a monster outside the UFC and still was set to prove himself. Even if he beat Cerrone I'm pretty sure that he would still need to fight as many fights as he did. Will Brookes for instance was dominant in Bellator and given Pearson who is a gatekeeper at best but maybe that was meant to be a showcase but even looking in the past Benson was treated like a up and comer even though he smashing people but lost to Pettis. The only real time I can think of the UFC giving credit for past accomplishments outside of the UFC was when Jake Shields squeaked by and arguable lost to Martin Kampman and got a title shot.
Alvarez struggled with Cerrone and didn't look good at all. Will Brooks looked decent against Pearson but recently got finished by a guy that wasn't even top ten. Pettis and Bendo got treated like kings.

My point is if Chandler comes to the UFC and is successful, he could demand big money.

Alvarez struggled with Cerrone and didn't look good at all. Will Brooks looked decent against Pearson but recently got finished by a guy that wasn't even top ten. Pettis and Bendo got treated like kings.

My point is if Chandler comes to the UFC and is successful, he could demand big money.
I'm sure he would make more money IF he were to be successful but that's a big risk. Benson was not treated like a king by any means he was fed to the dogs when he came in. Mark Bocek was actually looking good when he fought him but I think it was still suppose to be a gimme fight for an introduction but then he fought Miller who was dominating everyone and many were up in arms that he wasn't getting a title shot. Then he fought Clay who is notoriously one of the toughest fighters to beat especially in that era. I will say though the fact that he got to fight Frankie again was giving him some credit but you'd think people dominating people outside would get one tough fight then title shot.

CM Punk got a PPV spot

BROCK got a title shot after going 1 and 1 and beating Heath Herring?

Still wish MMA was more like other sports - where people from different places have to 'play' against each other to determine the best ....

We would have some great cross-company matches

I'm sure he would make more money IF he were to be successful but that's a big risk. Benson was not treated like a king by any means he was fed to the dogs when he came in. Mark Bocek was actually looking good when he fought him but I think it was still suppose to be a gimme fight for an introduction but then he fought Miller who was dominating everyone and many were up in arms that he wasn't getting a title shot. Then he fought Clay who is notoriously one of the toughest fighters to beat especially in that era. I will say though the fact that he got to fight Frankie again was giving him some credit but you'd think people dominating people outside would get one tough fight then title shot.
Bendo fought pretty frequently and I never heard of him complaining about the UFC until the end. I'm sure he wanted the stuff he had when he was champ. Bendo was one of the highlighted fighters when the wec came over to the UFC. It's not like he had a tough road to the title like other guys.

CM Punk got a PPV spot

BROCK got a title shot after going 1 and 1 and beating Heath Herring?
How is this a comparison? Very few have the star power as those two plus in regards to Brock you're WAY wrong. Brock was not only a huge star from WWE but an outstanding wrestler. He did well against Mir who was seen to be the future of the HW division after only having one fight. He lost then beat Herring who came to the UFC as a contender then the most important part your missing is that he beat the LEGEND RANDY COUTURE by finishing him. I think that deserved a rematch against Mir, hell with the state of the HW division then he could have gotten a rematch right away and it would have been warranted.

Bendo fought pretty frequently and I never heard of him complaining about the UFC until the end. I'm sure he wanted the stuff he had when he was champ. Bendo was one of the highlighted fighters when the wec came over to the UFC. It's not like he had a tough road to the title like other guys.
Considering where he was he didn't have it easy. On paper it looks like that but he wasn't expected to win two of his fights on the way to the title.

i am sure its not really enticing to give up sponsorship money in favor of dat Reebok check

To clarify I was kinda wrong about the odds but if you look at them it is still pretty crazy considering:

Benson: -175
Bocek: +145

Benson+135
Miller: -165

Benson-235
Guida:+185

Still looking at that it is insulting how he was percieved

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245