"Yoel gets worse by the minute. Bisping bitching out from fighting the top guys." - Luke Rockhold

The Sausage King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“It just sounds like he’s bitching out from wanting to fight the top guys. I don’t know, he’s trying to run into any situation that seems like it’s going to be more favorable for him. You know, I always thought the guy was tougher than he seems to be putting off now. I mean, it’s easy to go fight when you’ve got nothing to lose. When you have something to lose, that shows your true manhood, and now he’s got something, now he’s running scared. So man up and fight the top dudes.”

Rockhold, who meets Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza later this year in Australia, confirmed that he was originally scheduled to face Yoel Romero at UFC 205 next month. Chris Weidman has now been matched up with Romero.

“Yes I was. I was offered 205 against Yoel Romero, and I said, ‘give me Yoel in five rounds,’ and they came back somehow with Jacare. I’m not sure how that all worked out, but I said, you know, if I’m gonna fight one of these guys, against any of them really – especially Yoel. The guy gets worse by the minute, by the second – I’m not gonna do it in a three-round fight with any of these guys, really. Like I said, you have to rush the fight (in three rounds) and then you lose a takedown, you rely on the judges and pushing it and it’s just – a five-round fight is a true fighter’s fight.”

http://www.mmanews.com/luke-rockhold-believes-michael-bisping-is-ducking-the-top-challengers/

I would like to see Bisping actually defend his MW belt against a top 5 lhw, but what can you do ? The UFC is what it is at this point. There's a lot of frustrated fighters out there. Maybe next time, though, Luke could take all challengers seriously - then he wouldn't be in this position.

0qdk6mr.gif

Demi needs to get far away from this egomaniac.

I should just hire Luke to hang out near my scrambled eggs

I liked Bisping getting the belt.
But he is obviously trying his best to avoid Yoel. Chris. Luke and Jacare as long as possible.

Was Bisping the first fight since USADA was implemented for Luke Rockhold?

UFC offered the Hendo fight to Bisping, likely because people wanted it on twitter. Not Bisping's fault.

Meh. Bisping was offered Hendo. As a purist I think he should have turned it down, but the UFC offered him Dan Henderson and a fat stack of cash, I don't blame him for saying no.

But Rockhold's right about the five rounder thing. Can't blame him at all, it's a travesty that Weidman/Romero is a three rounder. Great matchups should be five rounds as much as possible.
This is actually interesting. A lot of people were theorizing that the UFC was favoring Weidman as the next challenger should he win, since he'll be on the bigger stage... it sounds like Rockhold was offered that bout first, he might still be their favorite especially since it was hard to get Chris to sign to fight Romero on his previous deal. How dope would 205 have been with Rockhold/Romero and Jacare/Weidman both on that card if everything had worked out?

At this point I might just root for Yoel to KTFO Rocksalt...and I can't stand Yoel

Back