UFC 205 vs UFC 207

ApplesVild

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And at the same time Conor's selling power vs Ronda's.

This should be Ronda's biggest fight, everyone is waiting to see how she looks coming back from a bad loss, and it's for the belt. She will never sell bigger than this. You can argue that this is Conor's second biggest fight, after the Nate rematch... Both cards have another title fight too.

If 205 sells more does that mean Conor is the bigger star? Or is it unfair and Ronda has no chance of outselling the 205 card?

Ronda vs Holms 2 or Cyborg would sell more imo

Conor has more factors in his favour.

1.First UFC event in MSG
2.More title fights on the card.
3. Greater under card & Prelims

UFC 205 all the way! It will do more than 2 mil............on the other hand 207 wont beat 1.6 mil........

Both are great cards. They should just scrap UFC 206.

This should be Ronda's biggest fight, everyone is waiting to see how she looks coming back from a bad loss, and it's for the belt. She will never sell bigger than this. You can argue that this is Conor's second biggest fight, after the Nate rematch... Both cards have another title fight too.

If 205 sells more does that mean Conor is the bigger star? Or is it unfair and Ronda has no chance of outselling the 205 card?
Conor smashed the records. He's the king and is already richer than her.

They are billing 205 as the best card ever put together, so that would be an unfair comparison. Why does anyone care who makes the most money, or considered the "biggest star"? It's entertainment, take it for what it is and enjoy it.

Count in the misogynistic men that won't buy wmma and you can't compare

Purely from the big fights? 205, not enough close.

I might even enjoy 207 more though, especially if ronda get smashed.

Count in the misogynistic men that won't buy wmma and you can't compare

This is the internet, not a kitchen. You must have gotten confused and taken a wrong turn.

Last edited:
Looking at the cards now, I don't think UFC 207 even holds a candle to UFC 205. I don't think it's even close. Ronda's going to pull in some big buys but 205 is utterly stacked. UFC 205 is like UFC 100 2.0.

207 won't even beat 202. Give it a rest TS. Ronda is a 1M draw, whose only fans were SJWs that thought she could beat men because she was undefeated beating everybody inside a minute. That mystique is gone. She has peaked. Both in numbers and weight.

UFC 205 also has a lot going on that's not McGregor. 207, even if Cruz-Garbrandt gets added to it, isn't nearly as good a card.

I remember when most of the discussion here was geared towards fights. Rarely ever was a thread made about ppv buys.

1.First UFC event in MSG
I mean, no one is really buying 205 for the Joanna fight but I agree otherwise

I mean, no one is really buying 205 for the Joanna fight but I agree otherwise
Actually, im looking forward to that fight more than any other on the card.

Joanna is a star and one of only two fighters in WMMA who are truly amazing fighters.

Also, i'd love to give her a mustache.

1.First UFC event in MSG
4. A country behind him
5. Actual fans who buy PPV's instead of a bunch of 16 year old girls who say "Oh I love the USC, Brenda Rousey is such a role model to me! She's like the next Ahmed Ali!"

Conor smashed the records. He's the king and is already richer than her
No way is he richer than her.
She has a lot more going on outside of the cage.
She took a break and has been passed by. Nate was paid more in his last 2 fights than Ronda in her last 3.

Back