The Ultimate fighter 25 starts filming in January-All star concept

I think the last time I watched and followed TUF was the GSP/Koscheck season or the "Live" season that Chiesa ended up winning. Whichever of those two was more recent (probably the Live one).

I'm surprised they still bother BUT hey, someone must be watching.

Probably should have included the All Star format in the thread title

This season is really good. I can't remembe which was the last season i watched before this, probably jones sonnen. My brother kept telling me to watch this season and i finally did after brandon Moreno beat Louis smolka, I haven't been dissapointed. Really good season, one of the best as far as talent

Bring back Griffin and Bonnar and let them coach the final TUF
Awesome idea...

I hope they bring back some former fighters... Kinda like series 4but not shit like series 4 was.

Bonnar and Griffin would be awesome coaches.

I think WME plans to change up the format this year. They get rollerblades and bladed weapons and all the fights take place unexpectedly in the house.

Each fight is initiated by "sudden attack" and even the producers don't know who, when or where. Many fights will only be partially caught on tape but the carnage will always be broadcast.

The flooring in the house is the octagon mat, complete with the Harley Davidson and Bud Light logos.

They're gonna get their 4b worth.

They will have Dana and Lorenzo in a dug out pit, naked and sweaty (and half covered in caked mud, for some reason - maybe to illustrate their grit), circling each other. Each ready to pounce and bite and claw and rip flesh. Blood around their mouths and bitemarks on their bodies..... circling..... just circling......

Can't wait!

new ideas is what they need

just like this current TUF that people saying it's pretty good. too bad it's the one I can't really watch, in a sense

if it's a good idea. they just need like great fighters in it. just like in this one, it's doing well because it has great fighters on it (and it seems it doesn't have house footage either). and maybe bring champions from other weightclasses too to make other TUFs? it's just that it gets expensive with heavier divisions, but there's that

I think the last time I watched and followed TUF was the GSP/Koscheck season or the "Live" season that Chiesa ended up winning. Whichever of those two was more recent (probably the Live one).

I'm surprised they still bother BUT hey, someone must be watching.
I believe most of Sherdog is on the same boat. Back then, there was still a TUF sub forum with posts coming in. In the current TUF forum, there are 2500 threads. In Worldwide, there are nearly 13k! Don't check UFC forum, it's 20 times more.

TUF just seems like a dated concept. The purposes of TUF were to introduce MMA to new fans, right? Gain mainstream appeal through a show designed to educate new fans on MMA, igniting their interest by showcasing particularly "interesting" characters (Leben, Browning etc). I think TUF has outlived this purpose now, as TUF is hidden away on Fight Pass or obscure FX channels. No non-fan is going to stumble across it and get hooked on MMA.

The other purpose of TUF was to put free fights on TV weekly. But with the Fox deal, we get that, too.

I say time to scrap it. Although if the show is costing more money than it brings in, then you know for sure the new owners will axe it once they get to it. These guys are ruthless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back