Has Cody's Mouth Written A Cheque His Ass Can't Cash??

datfnguy

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I totally respect calling out the champ. At the end of the day being top dog is what motivates most/all fighters. That said I don't know if Cody has really tested himself against the right people to be getting in the cage against Dom just yet. This is not a "how dare the UFC give him a shot over..." post, more of a question of will this be a lesson in you can't KO what you can't hit leading to a lopsided victory for Cruz? I think Dom wins this one, but since Benavidez in 09 I've wanted everyone to beat him.

Last edited:
Should have been Dillashaw. Dom knows this is going to be another easy fight for him.

Cody's a sloppy brawler, lets see how he fares against a highly technical striker like Dom

Cody will KO Dom and people won't like it.

Rooting for Cody I guess.

Would be a fun champ to watch.

Cody's a sloppy brawler, lets see how he fares against a highly technical striker like Dom
He's not that sloppy. And Dom's not that technical anywhere above his hips

But yeah he's going to get absolutely tooled. He's going to get trashed.
Best case scenario is that he catches Cruz a few meaningless times and knocks him off balance (or down) enroute to losing a clean 50-45 or 49-46 and fights his way back to the title one day when Cruz retires.

I hope I'm wrong, but dude is going to get tooled.

Poor title. If he doesn't win who cares, he just got fast tracked to a title shot after beating Mizugaki. I'd say he is doing well for himself.

Dillashaw vs Cody for the belt in the future after all the Alpha Fail drama hmmmmm this will be so good to watch. I don't want Dom to lose, he is one of my fav of all time, BUT, something is telling me this fight is not as good for him as he and others think.

I'll like it. For absolutely no reason at all I fell off the Dom bandwagon years ago and just wanted to see him lose.

Rooting for Cody I guess.

Would be a fun champ to watch.
KO artists are always fun champs... until someone doesn't get KOd and they start to fade fast.

Cruz never underestimates his opponents, and usually steps in to the cage with knowledge about every signature move his opponent has. His trashtalk will say otherwise, but it's just a play.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of Cody's KO's have been against people standing right in front of him, willing to trade. Also, add to this the fact that the only really lethal weapon he has employed is his hook.

I'd say that Cruz got this.

Cody is not afraid Conor Mcgregor so he has a good chance against Cruez.

Man I kinda agree, I really think Cody will catch him and sleep Dom. People shit on Cody cause they dont like him but he comes to fight and I think he will put enough pressure on Cruz where he gets caught

I totally respect calling out the champ. At the end of the day being top dog is what motivates most/all fighters. That said I don't know if Cody has really tested himself against the right people to be getting in the cage against Dom just yet. This is not a "how dare the UFC give him a shot over..." post, more of a question of will this be a lesson in you can't KO what you can't hit leading to a lopsided victory for Cruz? I think Dom wins this one, but since Benavidez in 09 I've wanted everyone to beat him.

I see cody knocking him stiff. That being said, Cruze could do his usual dance around point fighting and put me to sleep for 25 minutes also.

Cruz never underestimates his opponents, and usually steps in to the cage with knowledge about every signature move his opponent has. His trashtalk will say otherwise, but it's just a play.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of Cody's KO's have been against people standing right in front of him, willing to trade. Also, add to this the fact that the only really lethal weapon he has employed is his hook.

I'd say that Cruz got this.
I think most people see it this way. You can also add that Cody will be making a huge step up in the talent of his opponents.

Cruz got this on paper but he needs a perfect fight, while Cody only needs to land one.

It's not like the chances are high of Dom knocking Cody out. The worst that'll happen is he loses and has to string some wins together to get a second chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back